PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a call?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a call?

My opponent wasn't overly aggressive 19%VPiP and 14% PFR I do expect him to shove at this stage hence my call. Was it a bad call or just unlucky?
    Bracelet Winner

***moved to HA as member has a ? about the hand JWK24***
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Ovalman! To call the opp's shove is an extra 10686 into a pot that will be 24772 (43.1%). Against a 19% range, from pokerstove, K9o has 37% equity. The pot equity is higher than the hand equity, so I'm mucking K9 here, as it is a -EV play to call. For it to be an even EV play, the opp has to be shoving wider than 30% (which is much more than their normal 19%VPIP). Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Well explained JWK.

I get into a certain mindset when I play sometimes and I told myself as soon as the hand was dealt I was calling if he was shoving. He'd shoved twice before in the same spot, folded once and K9o seemed strong enough to defend.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.