PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sorry , last link did not work. .... this one was a mess

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry , last link did not work. .... this one was a mess

mess

Hi slfmd4life! Early in a tourney, I'm folding 5 10 off every single time preflop, unless I'm in the BB and get to see the flop for free. It is not a good hand and I want to be playing premium hands, or from the button also hands with potential (suited connectors, etc). 5 10 off has almost no potential, especially in a multi-way pot. On the flop, I'd hit top pair, but have a bet and a call in front of me. Almost all players that have a 10 will have a better kicker than me, so I'm mucking on the flop. Raising when I most likely don't have the best hand is something that I do not want to do. If in the hand, I would check the turn. But on the river, there are so many combinations that are in the opponents range that are ahead of me, if I bet, it will be a very small thin value bet. I don't want to shove unless I know for certain that I have the best hand and witih this board, there is no way to do this. Ax for two pair, 10 8, hearts are all well within the opp's range and I don't want to be putting my chips on the line witthout knowing that I will win. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.