PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

two pairs .. bet sizing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two pairs .. bet sizing

Poker Stars $1.08+$0.27+$0.15 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15/t30 Blinds - 9 players
    DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: t940 31.33 BBs
    SB: t1690 56.33 BBs
    BB: t1440 48 BBs
    UTG: t3230 107.67 BBs
    UTG+1: t2990 99.67 BBs
    UTG+2: t210 7 BBs
    Hero (MP1): t1400 46.67 BBs
    MP2: t1660 55.33 BBs
    CO: t1410 47 BBs

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is MP1 with K:diamond: Q:diamond:
    UTG raises to t60, 2 folds, Hero calls t60, 3 folds, SB calls t45, 1 fold

Flop: (t210) K:club: Q:heart: 4:club: (3 players)
    SB bets t60, UTG folds, Hero raises to t307, SB calls t247

Turn: (t824) T:club: (2 players)
    SB bets t1323 all in, Hero ???

Is Ok raise about 300 on the flop or should I raise more? Donk Bet is weak so I dont want him fold but if you look at turn card you get an idea what happened

Are you calling AI on turn? he was like 51/21 af 2.7 after 40 hands

Hi CZDonkey! Preflop, I would call the raise to 60 and it's a bonus when I end up with position the rest of the hand. The flop gives me top 2 pair, but does have straight and flush draws. The opp makes a very small bet here, which to me looks like a blocking bet to try and get priced in to draw. Due to this, I'm definitely raising and would size my raise to the size of the pot (270). The turn hits both a straight and the club flush and the opp shoves. Unless I've got history on the opp with a specific note that says that they'll bluff/shove a turn, I'm mucking here. Much more often than not, the opp here hit the flush or straight. I'd rather save my chips and look for a better spot. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.