PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JJ on the btn vs EP shove and call

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ on the btn vs EP shove and call

This happened in the 100K depositors freeroll. It's only a freeroll but this was kind of a tough spot. My reads on villains: dikobel - tight passive: minraised KJo in SB at the 15/30 level after 2 limpers & checked pocket 8's at 100/200 after 3 limpers. So I expect him to have a very tight shoving range: 99+,ATs+,KQs,ATo+,KQo memo728 - very loose pasive; would expect him to call with any ace, any two suited cards, any connectors and one gappers (aprox. 63% of hands) After a basic calculation a shove seems +cEV. What do you guys think ?.

Hi methods,

If memo is seriously calling off his stack with 2/3rds of all starting hands, then this spot is way too +EV to pass up imo.

The other guy open shoving 58bb's is just silly, but I think he'll have a fair bit of AK's and middle pairs... with this memo guy at the table he certainly can do this with QQ+ too but the JJ should play well enough against his range. And we'll be playing a 7200 side pot with memo's garbage as a back up plan. So yeah, I agree with reshoving here personally.

Dave
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.