PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZOOM in a MTT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZOOM in a MTT

anyone fancy ZOOM as an MTT?

Grade b
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

hahaha

Funny you should mention that. I have been pondering...and yes, I would rather fancy that.

1. Rake issues. Mtt time is dead time as there is only one rake to pay. Recycling players faster is probably a worthy idea that might even spill over to a lower than 10% rake level. To deal with the critical issue first.

2. Mtts seem suited simply due to early-middle-late stage game flow. Allowing 1xre-buy and new entries early stage, zoom along in mid, then stop the zoom at ~25% remaining players. Something like that. Decrease the time spent in early and mid. The convert to normal mtt play.

3. A beneficial side-effect is higher mtt availability due to faster player recycling. A negative side effect is players currently containing losses by slow recycling can uhm lose faster. But zoom would be voluntary with regular mtt formats remaining. So moot (well, not really morally moot, but you get my point).

I will now hold my breath while I await the excited response from a pokerstar development executive (or rather someone pointing out this line of thinking hit the virtual poker world about 30 seconds after the original zoom concept was launched).
    Last edited by jergul; Wed Mar 21, 2012, 06:56 AM.

Comment

It was actually surprisingly fun on full tilt when they did rush tournies, so yeah I would give it a go on pstars for sure.
      You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Comment

Hi Da sans Fans

could you go over what it was like.

new table every hand? or blind level.

Grade b
        I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

It was new table every hand just like the cash. People still did the old using their clock be4 folding during bubble time etc.
          You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Comment

They were really great in my opinion...I personally enjoyed ''On Demand'' Rush Sit n Go's which started with 36 players but had 30min late registration and ended up with 150-400 depending on buyin.
            And ofcourse those $2-3 turbo rebuys with huge prize pools

Comment

Much to my surprise, I actually enjoy Zoom, and I think a tourney in this format would be great. I started off thinking that my edge came from reading opponents, which is harder to do in Zoom, but I seem to be successful, so I'm thinking now that perhaps my hand selection and positional awareness are giving me an edge in Zoom.

I don't really have a lot of hands yet, and I've only had a HUD for a week and don't really know how to use it. It does help a lot to give you some idea of player tendencies, and also I seem to be more aggressive when playing Zoom.

I think once the bugs are worked out PS will expand Zoom to tourneys as well. Can't wait!!

Bracelet Winner

Comment

I'd like to see it on my mobile. I have played the PS App on my phone but Zoom would be ideal if you've only 10 mins to spare. You used to be able to get Rush poker as an app for your mobile but the specs on my phone were'nt good enough to ever play it (and I done my bankroll on FT )
                Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.