PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How terrible can you get?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How terrible can you get?

Not sure what the wost move ever at a poker table is, but this one comes pretty darn tooting close I would imagine. I don't know why the button would shove the river, since heck - who is ever going to fold.... Woops. The BB folded anyway.
    The Road to Fame and Fortune - Keeping track of my poker semi-career
    Keep up to date: @Ov3rsight

hahahaha, (I like the think I would not do that )

Comment

Number of ways the BU could lose his whole stack: 0

Number of ways he could chip up by shoving: 1

Absolutely no risk involved in his play. His play is good, although leaning toward neutral ingenuity imo. Well played, sir.

Why does this look bad?

Comment

Hi Ov3rsight! I don't have a problem with the shove. IMO the player that folded the nuts (quads with A kicker) was the player that made a totally awful play. Good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I guess if the horrible play is on the part of the folder, than... it was a scary bet.

tbh, it usually takes me several seconds to know for sure that I'm playing the board in spots like these. Very new players must see the risk of making a mistake to be huge, since it's for their entire stack. So, I can understand the fold.

Comment

Yes - the bad play is definitely the fold - I'm shoving every time from the button as novice players might think I have the 'other' seven...you never know.

I also love 4 of a kind on the board with a middle card when I have an ace in hand. So many new players think they will share the pot and they often call a shove and lose to the kicker. (Yes that was me for about two years till I figured it out).

I would like to know what game/level this was at though.

Good luck all

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
            4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
              I'm shoving every time from the button as novice players might think I have the 'other' seven...you never know.
              That's clever.

I recently made the mistake of getting all-in with a counterfeited full house. I guess it never hurts to try (especially when you're looking for the call, not the fold).

Comment

Originally posted by Ov3rsight View Post
                Not sure what the wost move ever at a poker table is, but this one comes pretty darn tooting close I would imagine. I don't know why the button would shove the river, since heck - who is ever going to fold.... Woops. The BB folded anyway.
                I like the shove on the river as I have done this before and got people to fold when they can't lose. But it can hurt you when they call and additional rake is taken.
                7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by shirshot View Post
                  I like the shove on the river as I have done this before and got people to fold when they can't lose.
                  But it can hurt you when they call and additional rake is taken.
                  It's a tourney so here I would just shove it.

In a cash game, hmmm, maybe I wouldn't bother unless I really thought the opp was a total fish.

Well worth making this point though.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
                  Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Sat Mar 17, 2012, 08:33 PM.
                  4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.