PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full House, limped pot | STT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full House, limped pot | STT

best line is start betting (building pot) or wait for check/raise?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
    NL Holdem $30(BB) Replayer
    Hero ($2,770)
    BB ($1,245)
    UTG ($970)
    UTG+1 ($1,580)
    CO ($4,310)
    BTN ($2,625)

Dealt to Hero 9:heart: T:heart:

fold, UTG+1 calls $30, CO calls $30, BTN calls $30, Hero calls $15, BB checks

FLOP ($150) 9:spade: 4:diamond: 9:diamond:

Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, BTN checks

TURN ($150) 9:spade: 4:diamond: 9:diamond: T:spade:

Hero bets $60, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, CO folds, BTN folds

Hero shows 9:heart: T:heart:

Hero wins $150

I disagree with Jig here. I think that in spots like these, checking the flop leaves a lot of money on the table, and especially when you turn a lock hand, checking or betting tiny is a missed opportunity. Remember, everybody in the pot limped preflop; what are the chances any of them have a betting hand? Very low. Nobody is going to have an overpair, because those would have raised preflop. And a flopped set will be rare, because there are only three combinations of those (44, 44, 44). You're blocking pretty much everything else, because you have a T and a 9.

It is highly unlikely that anybody at this table is going to try betting out in a 5-way pot, because the best anyone is likely to have here is A4 or a flush draw. It's possible that someone will have a better 9 than yours on the flop, but there are way more worse hands that could call you if you were to bet. I would absolutely bet the flop here, and I would bet big, for basically the same reasons as in this thread:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/com...-dude-now-what

When you turn the full house, just bet (bigger) and hope somebody will call. Nobody is going to bet for you, because nobody else is likely to have a full house at this point. On the turn, I think you should bet closer to half-pot, because there are two flush draws and a straight draw that can call you, and you want them to call, complete their draw, go all-in on the river, and lose.

Comment

Hi CZDonkey! I agree with Panicky.... I'm betting the flop here both for value and to see if my opp could have a 9 and higher kicker and will size the bet at 1/2 pot (my std c-bet). If I would check any street, it would be the turn, as giving the opp a free river card most likely won't hurt me. If the opp has been a calling station or aggressive, then I'm betting the turn. If the opp was playing passively, I'd be more likely to check and hope they hit a piece of the river. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.