PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JJ vs player on tilt | STT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ vs player on tilt | STT

2-3 hands before I flopped straight against him and he double up me with Q2. then start raising/beting every hand

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
    NL Holdem $30(BB) Replayer
    SB ($1,595)
    BB ($3,290)
    UTG ($3,015)
    Hero ($3,235)
    CO ($1,395)
    BTN ($970)

Dealt to Hero J:club: J:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $90, CO calls $90, fold, fold, BB raises to $150, Hero calls $60, CO calls $60

FLOP ($465) T:spade: 3:heart: 2:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $285, CO folds, BB calls $285

TURN ($1,035) T:spade: 3:heart: 2:heart: 9:heart:

BB bets $2,855 (AI), Hero folds

BB wins $1,035

Hi again CZDonkey, I really like your fold here. Knowing this guy's range can contain pretty much any combination of two pair on this board (T9, 93, 32, etc.) means that he can easily have the best hand at the moment. What's more, a preflop minraise does normally indicate AK, QQ+ strength (although if this guy is a nut, it might not). The key point here is that you and the villain are both double-stacked. There is no reason to risk that now, when the deepest stack at the table is essentially dead money. He's probably not shoving second pair, top kicker here; a move this strong will indicate a very big hand a large portion of the time. Overall, I think you played the hand perfectly. 4betting preflop would have been way too risky on 100bb, and c-betting bigger on the flop might have given the strength of your hand away. If the BB hadn't donk jammed the turn and checked instead, I would have likely checked behind in your shoes, because I wouldn't want to be rejammed on that board. I like your patience here. Well played. umbup:

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.