PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Again out of luck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again out of luck

One more time, I believe this one is just unlucky....

Hi AJEI! Preflop with 88, in position, I'm calling the opp's raise and get to see the 3-way flop in position. With the flop giving me top set and a flush draw out there, the preflop raiser makes a min bet?! That absolutely would look like a blocking bet (to a low straight or flush draw). Due to this, I want to raise enough to price either of them out. With two opps in the hand, my normal bet is about 3/4 pot, so I'll raise to 345, as I want to be sure to price both opps out if they both decide to stay. The opp then makes a raise to almost put both them and me all-in. With top set, I'm shoving the rest of my chips in every single time here. Even if they have a straight or hit the flush, I've got 7 outs on the turn and 10 on the river to win the hand. Unfortunately, the opp hits the draw on the river, but I'll take my chances in that situation everytime. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.