PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess my play quiz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Guess my play quiz

    Hello all , I thought for fun and a bit of incite to me I would make a quiz and here are the rules.
    Simple answers - fold,call,raise,reraise
    No player info going with your gut
    ALL tourney based
    if you guess wrong you are out untill the next hand so cannot guess on the flop or turn or river
    will leave 3 days before i post the next part
    and remember its what you think i will do. not what you would do.

    9-max Seat #8 is the buttonSeat

    2: mashina1989 (1440 in chips)
    Seat 3: LeadFoot46 (1220 in chips)
    Seat 4: LukeKM (2482 in chips)
    Seat 5: Aitormenda (1525 in chips)
    Seat 6: Borrachoboy (1425 in chips)
    Seat 7: ShamrockNP (1366 in chips)
    Seat 8: holdemace486 (4480 in chips)
    Seat 9: pepsiiiii (2587 in chips)
    pepsiiiii: posts small blind 15
    mashina1989: posts big blind 30

    *** HOLE CARDS ***

    Dealt to holdemace486 [9h 9s]

    LeadFoot46: calls 30
    LukeKM: folds
    Aitormenda: folds
    Borrachoboy: folds
    ShamrockNP: calls 30
    holdemace486: ?
    pepsiiiii: sb
    mashina1989: bb

  • #2
    All in then come post your hand here saying you give up cause its rigged.

    Comment


    • #3
      15/30 blinds, 2 limpers, decent stack, raise!

      I hope you did not fold

      Cheers,

      TC

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by holdemace486 View Post
        Hello all , I thought for fun and a bit of incite to me I would make a quiz and here are the rules.
        Simple answers - fold,call,raise,reraise
        No player info going with your gut
        ALL tourney based
        if you guess wrong you are out untill the next hand so cannot guess on the flop or turn or river
        will leave 3 days before i post the next part
        and remember its what you think i will do. not what you would do.

        9-max Seat #8 is the buttonSeat

        2: mashina1989 (1440 in chips)
        Seat 3: LeadFoot46 (1220 in chips)
        Seat 4: LukeKM (2482 in chips)
        Seat 5: Aitormenda (1525 in chips)
        Seat 6: Borrachoboy (1425 in chips)
        Seat 7: ShamrockNP (1366 in chips)
        Seat 8: holdemace486 (4480 in chips)
        Seat 9: pepsiiiii (2587 in chips)
        pepsiiiii: posts small blind 15
        mashina1989: posts big blind 30

        *** HOLE CARDS ***

        Dealt to holdemace486 [9h 9s]

        LeadFoot46: calls 30
        LukeKM: folds
        Aitormenda: folds
        Borrachoboy: folds
        ShamrockNP: calls 30
        holdemace486: ?
        pepsiiiii: sb
        mashina1989: bb


        Fold and wait for a better spot (like 62o).

        62 is duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue!!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          I vote you raise.

          Do I have to guess the exact amount or is it whoever gets nearest?

          Ed
          4 Time Bracelet Winner


          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
            I vote you raise.

            Do I have to guess the exact amount or is it whoever gets nearest?

            Ed
            just the action edin thx

            Comment


            • #7
              Thankyou for those who participated, no one guessed correctly, I actually flat called I will explain
              why at the end of the quiz so I can get some feedback hopefully. Every one is given a free pass to the second part lol try again 1-0 holdemace. Part 2 guess what i did.THese are some quality plays and want to show them to you so I can see if they are as good as i think.


              No player info going with your gut
              ALL tourney based
              if you guess wrong you are out untill the next hand so cannot guess on the flop or turn or river
              will leave 3 days before i post the next part
              and remember its what you think i will do. not what you would do.


              9-max Seat #8 is the button
              Seat 2: mashina1989 (1440 in chips)
              Seat 3: LeadFoot46 (1220 in chips)
              Seat 4: LukeKM (2482 in chips)
              Seat 5: Aitormenda (1525 in chips)
              Seat 6: Borrachoboy (1425 in chips)
              Seat 7: ShamrockNP (1366 in chips)
              Seat 8: holdemace486 (4480 in chips)
              Seat 9: pepsiiiii (2587 in chips)
              pepsiiiii: posts small blind 15
              mashina1989: posts big blind 30

              *** HOLE CARDS ***

              Dealt to holdemace486 [9h 9s]

              LeadFoot46: calls 30
              LukeKM: folds
              Aitormenda: folds
              Borrachoboy: folds
              ShamrockNP: calls 30
              holdemace486: calls 30
              pepsiiiii: calls 15
              mashina1989: checks

              *** FLOP ***

              [Kh Qh 4s]

              pepsiiiii: checks
              mashina1989: checks
              LeadFoot46: checks
              ShamrockNP: checks
              holdemace486: ?
              pepsiiiii:
              mashina1989:
              LeadFoot46:
              ShamrockNP:

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi Holdem!

                First off, all player info MUST be taken into account. By the 2nd level of a tourney, a player should have a read on the majority of the opps and not using this information is a big mistake.

                Secondly, preflop, the BEST DECISION is to make a std raise (3BB + 1BB for each limper). With 2 limpers, that means a raise to 150. I've got the largest chip stack at the table as of now and I want to use that to my advantage. If I was the table short stack, then I can see limping, but as the bigstack, I want to use this to my advantage.

                The goal is to make the best decisions possible based on all of the relevant information... which is anything that is known about all the players, stack sizes, postion, etc. What a given player may or may not do is NOT what to look at... the correct decision based on the situation IS what matters.

                Anything less is NOT good poker and is not what a player should want to do.

                John (JWK24)
                Super-Moderator



                6 Time Bracelet Winner


                Comment


                • #9
                  my guess is that your playing around so you checked. No one is making a run for the pot so why not sit back and see what developes.
                  Last edited by dopplerboyf5; Sat Mar 10, 2012, 06:47 PM. Reason: second thought

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thank you John for your comments appreciated.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Why is this post still here?
                      If there's one post that should be deleted, this is the one
                      There's NO constructive information to get from this post (ok maybe one, do not play like him)

                      Not constructive (all his posts)
                      Spam (plenty of threads started by the OP with no logic)
                      Insult (to the intelligence of all members here)

                      This should of been a hand analysis, not guess my play
                      What's next....Guess what I ate before playing poker?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hello sandtrap i opolgise to you personally if i some how have offended you in some way that should bother you like this.

                        However my posts are actually very constructive and give people in the long run lots of usefull information as intended.
                        All ready JW as given the correct play for preflop with this hand. People can see that the majority of people who do realise what a bit of fun is at the same time as learning ,and there opinion is as with JWs, they thought I would of raised so to me that is valuable learning to have more than one verdict. And to any other members who are learning to play will find this usefull.
                        Hope this helps you understand me, I am not that bad apple you think i am even though in the past, i state past was maybe.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by holdemace486 View Post
                          Thankyou for those who participated, no one guessed correctly, I actually flat called I will explain
                          why at the end of the quiz so I can get some feedback hopefully. Every one is given a free pass to the second part lol try again 1-0 holdemace. Part 2 guess what i did.THese are some quality plays and want to show them to you so I can see if they are as good as i think.


                          No player info going with your gut Second level and has NO player info,must go with your gut. This explains a lot about your record on this site actually.
                          ALL tourney based
                          if you guess wrong you are out untill the next hand so cannot guess on the flop or turn or river
                          will leave 3 days before i post the next part
                          and remember its what you think i will do. not what you would do


                          9-max Seat #8 is the button
                          Seat 2: mashina1989 (1440 in chips)
                          Seat 3: LeadFoot46 (1220 in chips)
                          Seat 4: LukeKM (2482 in chips)
                          Seat 5: Aitormenda (1525 in chips)
                          Seat 6: Borrachoboy (1425 in chips)
                          Seat 7: ShamrockNP (1366 in chips)
                          Seat 8: holdemace486 (4480 in chips)
                          Seat 9: pepsiiiii (2587 in chips)
                          pepsiiiii: posts small blind 15
                          mashina1989: posts big blind 30

                          *** HOLE CARDS ***

                          Dealt to holdemace486 [9h 9s]

                          LeadFoot46: calls 30
                          LukeKM: folds
                          Aitormenda: folds
                          Borrachoboy: folds
                          ShamrockNP: calls 30
                          holdemace486: calls 30
                          pepsiiiii: calls 15
                          mashina1989: checks

                          *** FLOP ***

                          [Kh Qh 4s]

                          pepsiiiii: checks
                          mashina1989: checks
                          LeadFoot46: checks
                          ShamrockNP: checks
                          holdemace486: ?
                          pepsiiiii:
                          mashina1989:
                          LeadFoot46:
                          ShamrockNP:
                          Originally posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
                          Why is this post still here?
                          If there's one post that should be deleted, this is the one
                          There's NO constructive information to get from this post (ok maybe one, do not play like him)

                          Not constructive (all his posts)
                          Spam (plenty of threads started by the OP with no logic)
                          Insult (to the intelligence of all members here)

                          This should of been a hand analysis, not guess my play
                          What's next....Guess what I ate before playing poker?

                          The two parts of holdem's post that I highlighted in blue are all the validation I need to state that Sandtrap's post deserves a...

                          +1000!!!

                          "These are quality plays"....LMAO.

                          By WHO???

                          You already made a piss poor play here by flatting,IN POSITION NO LESS,with 99. Nice job,let all the prospective WEAK hands see a cheap flop. That's some brilliant pokers there.

                          Anything positive to follow at that point is going to be that RNG,(you know,the one you "can't help thinking there's something wrong" with?...)letting you off the hook.

                          You do not SURRENDER advantageous spots in poker and win. Period.

                          Personally I hope this hand ends with the villain holding Q4o,taking your stack and that this is one of the results that caused you to punt half your BR the other day.

                          THAT way it could at least have some value as an object lesson on how NOT to play poker.

                          Good grief.

                          Man does this site need a face palm smiley...
                          Last edited by Moxie Pip; Sat Mar 10, 2012, 11:32 PM.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X