PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the big $4.40

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the big $4.40

this ones from today,satellite win got me into the $4.40 for 10 fpp i played very tight up till now at the end of about 20 hours without sleep hasnt helped me no real information on the villain my read on his limp from early position was maybe a large PP or AK,AQ trying to trap
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    we have just over 300 players left and i have enough of a stack to carry on comfortably for some time yet,when the flop hit the board and he shoved,i thought my initial read was good and he didnt want me possibly drawing the flush,so i have 2 pair and a pretty good chance to double up,this hand if it went my way would have moved me into the top 3rd of remaining field,as you can see i couldnt resist and made the call,any thoughts are appreciated

Hi milehigh0874! Especially with having satty'd into this for 10FPP and getting a good cash already, the goal is to accumulate chips for a very deep run and the larger payout amounts. With hitting two pair on the flop, especially when I'm heads-up against a limper, instead of going for a check/raise here, I'd make a value bet here. Since the opp limped, they most likely have some sort of speculative hand (which includes many combinations that could have hit a part of the flop or have a draw with the flop). There's a made straight available, along with multiple straight draws and also a flush draw. If the opp would check behind, then I'd be giving them a free card that they could potentially beat me with and I don't want that to be a possibility. I'd lead out here for about 3/4 pot and be ready to call any raise from the opp. When the opp flips his two cards over, I'm a 60-40 favorite to more than double up (due to the SB and antes), which is a +EV play, but the opp got lucky and hit the straight. In this situation, I want to do anything I can to get the chips in ahead on the flop without giving the opp an opportunity to draw to beat my two pair without paying for the draw. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.