PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Play The Short Stack in $0.10 - 360

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Play The Short Stack in $0.10 - 360

Hey guys, last time I was here I was up around $250 from 10 centers, now it's getting towards $400!

I decided to make my own chart about what kinds of hands to shove with when your stack hits 5bb.

[ You really don't want your stack to ever dip below 5 bigs because you risk losing any Fold Equity that you had left ]

Also, you really want to be FIRST into the pot when shoving, to increase likelihood of the pot being as small as possible to increase your equity and chance of winning the pot.

So if I was ready to push QJ UTG+1, and UTG LIMPS, I FOLD every time because your stack probably won't shake him off.

Hands that you can STILL SHOVE after limpers can be AJ+ and 44+
    - I go by this theory every time and I am winning a lot more often

Hands you can still shove after RAISERS can be AQ+ and 88+

I use a cool piece of Mathematical Software called PokerStove and I trust this information

The chart that I made myself will be below. I really hope this helps anyone who has trouble!
    Thanks for reading !! GL
    Attached Files

***moved to more appropriate forum JWK24***
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

How many games is this over?

Grade b
      I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Like 5k games haha coz I'm cheap like that

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.