PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should i shove pocket 7s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i shove pocket 7s

ok prem league so i raised and got re-raised should i have shoved ,i dont like small pairs so i did fold this one
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

My thoughts good fold mate.

Comment

No point in risking 2/3 of your stack against what will be at best a flip - good fold. umbup:umbup:umbup:
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

*** moved to HA since member has a question on how to play the hand JWK24***
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi PLaws62! The first thing to remember, since it's a league game, the goal is to survive as long as possible to get league points. Depending on how the table is playing, I could either muck 77 immediately here or more likely, I'd make a std opening raise (2.5BB for this level). Is a min-raise here standard for you? If so then it's ok, if not, then I'd recommend making standard raises. If the min-raise is not standard, then the opps could pick up on that and make a play accordingly. A mid position player now shoves and it's folded back to us. With this being a league game, I'm not going to risk 2/3 of my remaining stack on a hand that is either in a race or dominated, especially before the bubble. Therefore, I'm going to muck to the shove and look for a better spot to get my chips into, where I'd be ahead or the favorite in a hand. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

thanks guys great help sorry i posted in the wrong spot

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.