PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

folding AA preflop!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • folding AA preflop!

    Is there any situation you fold AA preflop in a tourney?

  • #2
    Maybe on the bubble of a satty, where if I call I can go out before getting the ticket... that is it

    Comment


    • #3
      First hand in the open skill league.....with 5 all ins

      Comment


      • #4
        When 4+ Russians shove before you.

        Comment


        • #5
          *** moved to tourney strategy section JWK24***

          Hey all!

          I'll gladly fold it on the bubble of a satellite as long as I have enough chips to get the ticket.

          First hand of a skill league game.... "Let's play BINGO". No way am I folding there. I'll even play 9-way bingo there with it. KK in that situation, muck city.

          John (JWK24)
          Last edited by JWK24; Wed Feb 01, 2012, 08:26 PM.
          Super-Moderator



          6 Time Bracelet Winner


          Comment


          • #6
            I've folded AA on/close to the bubble a few times, in both cash and league tourneys. Also as has already been mentioned I'm hesitant to call a shove with AA too if theres more than one other on the pot. You know the russian/ukranian donks have the poker gods on their side.

            Comment


            • #7
              Last year on PokerStars The Big Game one of the Loose Cannons just doubled up bigtime to take the lead for the WPT season ticket and was dealt pocket aces 2/3 of the way. He folded them from the small blind when aak had raised with pocket 6 and was called by Cada with pocklet 4. Laak flopped quads there, so the Loose Cannon could've gone broke there had he called/raised.

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHiEkikhDGU

              ------------------------------------------------
              keeping track of my poker semi-career: ov3rsight.blog.com
              The Road to Fame and Fortune - Keeping track of my poker semi-career
              Keep up to date: @Ov3rsight


              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by electrux_hcb View Post
                I've folded AA on/close to the bubble a few times, in both cash and league tourneys. Also as has already been mentioned I'm hesitant to call a shove with AA too if theres more than one other on the pot. You know the russian/ukranian donks have the poker gods on their side.
                I wud stronbly advise againts folding AA preflop in cash tournys even near the bubble. The benifit you will gain from doubling up 80% of the time far outweighs the annoyance of getting knocked out the other 20%.

                I guess if your table is very soft and your in a slowish tourny in terms of blind structure then it is more acceptable but still that double up that AA so often provides can send you on deep runs you would otherwise miss out on and we all know the money is deep in a tourny not just inside the bubble.

                Comment


                • #9
                  hi all i definate think aa is over rated and depending on the format yes should be folded pre flop in certain situations
                  bubble posisitions
                  multipots
                  against donks

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Only time im folding AA pre is in a satty bubble. When im playing an MTT its to win the whole thing, not to mincash. I'll take AA on the bubble of a tourny any time.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hi John Rambo 43! Welcome to the forum. Good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
                      Last edited by JWK24; Tue Mar 06, 2012, 12:53 AM.
                      Super-Moderator



                      6 Time Bracelet Winner


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        for me only in this situation

                        1. Sat bubble when i am sure i won't be blinded out in next couple of hand but not in situation that the next couple
                        of hand i will be the BB and i am not sure if i gonna made pass the bubble.
                        2.Last Day of the Skill League Open/Premiere with still more than half of the field and early exit will
                        cause me Premiere League ticket or will relegate me back to Open League.
                        Last edited by PINOY_HITMAN; Mon Feb 27, 2012, 02:26 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by electrux_hcb View Post
                          I've folded AA on/close to the bubble a few times, in both cash and league tourneys. Also as has already been mentioned I'm hesitant to call a shove with AA too if theres more than one other on the pot. You know the russian/ukranian donks have the poker gods on their side.
                          that's just bad, and i won't even comment on holdemape !!

                          sorry mods



                          edit: aimho
                          Last edited by Django66; Mon Feb 27, 2012, 02:30 AM.
                          17 Time Bracelet Winner

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by godofcricket View Post
                            Is there any situation you fold AA preflop in a tourney?

                            lol, i presume we are talking holdem here, i just this minute folded aces in the hole in a stud tourney with the other 2 aces showing.
                            17 Time Bracelet Winner

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
                              Maybe on the bubble of a satty, where if I call I can go out before getting the ticket... that is it
                              Originally posted by Dany Boy NZ View Post
                              I wud stronbly advise againts folding AA preflop in cash tournys even near the bubble. The benifit you will gain from doubling up 80% of the time far outweighs the annoyance of getting knocked out the other 20%. I guess if your table is very soft and your in a slowish tourny in terms of blind structure then it is more acceptable but still that double up that AA so often provides can send you on deep runs you would otherwise miss out on and we all know the money is deep in a tourny not just inside the bubble.
                              Originally posted by John Rambo43 View Post
                              Only time im folding AA pre is in a satty bubble. When im playing an MTT its to win the whole thing, not to mincash. I'll take AA on the bubble of a tourny any time.
                              THESE!!! Satellites and the bubble of skill league games IF YOU CAN BUST in the hand ONLY. The money in MTT's is NOT in the min-cashes,play to stack up and go deep. For the few times you do bust short of the money in this kind of spot the rewards for stacking up and running deep are so much better that it is a +EV situation. Period. SNG's the same way. You do NOT fold premium hands pre in these either for no reason. There is NEVER a reason in any cash MTT or SNG to do so with AA pre-flop (well maybe that spot that Trap came up with about the WSOP tourney last year...but THAT is an implied odds type of deal...so no real bearing here).
                              Originally posted by holdemace486 View Post
                              hi all i definate think aa is over rated and depending on the format yes should be folded pre flop in certain situations bubble posisitions multipots against donks
                              NEVER THIS!!! You're willing to fold AA at the bubble and in multi-pots pre-flop and YOU call THEM the donks? If you are folding AA pre-flop at the money bubble or in multi pots in $ MTT's and SNG's you have no business playing poker for money. NONE. So please find a way top reload ASAP. OMFG By the way...you forgot to mention...to fold AA when you've won with it twice in a row...because the odds say you'll lose with it the 3rd time...especially if someone wakes up with a monster like 62o. 62o is duuuuuuue................... Un-fricking-believable. inidonk:inidonk:inidonk:inidonk:
                              Last edited by Moxie Pip; Mon Feb 27, 2012, 09:28 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.