PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

too many players in tournys?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too many players in tournys?

i was just throwing out this question to see what other players opinions are about the size of the tounaments. Should tournaments be capped out at a certain size? Are there too many players registering in smaller buy ins making it a bit too difficult to actually place due to the large amount of players and little time and chip starting amount? Is the late registration also making it too difficult? Just wondering what others peoples thoughts are on this

*** Moved *** Hi Aga, Great question! I moved it into here as it's a great question for the Tournament Section and will get a better response here. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by aga32_x View Post
      i was just throwing out this question to see what other players opinions are about the size of the tounaments. Should tournaments be capped out at a certain size? Are there too many players registering in smaller buy ins making it a bit too difficult to actually place due to the large amount of players and little time and chip starting amount? Is the late registration also making it too difficult? Just wondering what others peoples thoughts are on this
      absolutely correct,variance is hugely increased by bigger fields of players.

Comment

Good question! Personally, I like the high number of players in mtts. It means more money in the prize pool for that golden day when you actually get to the final table. If you don't like playing against 20K entrants, then you can always play multitable sngs. No late entries, a fixed number of players and they start up all the time. To each his own

Roland GTX

Comment

my take on it is more players = more fish but it is a personal thing some people don't play as well against a large field therefore the previous comment of SNG's would be better for them i just wished stars would make more 360man and 990 man SNG's with higher buy ins than $0.02 or whatever evil:
          Join My Home Game Club - The Joker's Wild

Comment

thanx for moving it to the proper section, sorry i didnt intially place it here, since i am a new member in the forums and am just getting familiar with where things should be going i see that some people have the same opinion on some of the above questions, and i also liked the larger SNG recommendation umbup: i dont know how we would be able to achieve that though, any thoughts guys???

Comment

Pokerstars won't be lowering their micro buyins fields any time soon - that would just cost them so much money. There are still other options out there though, ie Set Multitable Sngs and timed tournies.
              You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Comment

BIg Fields=Big Prizes

I love the big fields, it was already pinted out that big fields equal a bigger payday at the end and also = more fish. if u play a style where u try to avoid getting allin preflop even with high pocket pairs then u can out play the donks and then they just hand you their chips when u hit a big flop. there have been several tournys i have played in where i have been fortunate to have a soft table and so have bult my stack up to 100k or more without ever really having to risk my tourny life, y would you want to change this?

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.