PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

45ppl sng ak v aj

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45ppl sng ak v aj

PokerStars Hand #74711373434: Tournament #508554973, $0.23+$0.02 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2012/01/30 0:21:25 UTC [2012/01/29 19:21:25 ET]Table '508554973 3' 9-max
    Seat #8 is the buttonSeat 3:
    lorito...ch (2635 in chips)
    Seat 4: Damiaomj (8588 in chips)
    Seat 5: DMSCorreia (358 in chips) is sitting outSeat 6:
    diiiabolontm (5119 in chips)
    Seat 8: holdemace486 (8300 in chips)
    Seat 9: MichhW_ (6196 in chips) is sitting out
    MichhW_: posts small blind 75
    lorito...ch: posts big blind 150
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to holdemace486 [Ks As]
    Damiaomj: raises 150 to 300
    DMSCorreia: folds
    diiiabolontm: folds
    holdemace486: calls 300
    MichhW_: folds
    lorito...ch: calls 150
    *** FLOP *** [
    9h 8s 9d]
    lorito...ch: checks
    Damiaomj: checks
    holdemace486: checks
    *** TURN *** [9h 8s 9d]
    [3h]lorito...ch: checks
    Damiaomj: checks
    holdemace486: checks
    *** RIVER ***
    [9h 8s 9d 3h] [2d]
    lorito...ch: checks
    Damiaomj: bets 600
    holdemace486: calls 600
    lorito...ch: folds
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Damiaomj: shows [Jh Ah] (a pair of Nines)
    holdemace486: shows [Ks As] (a pair of Nines - Ace+King kicker)
    holdemace486 collected 2175 from pot

*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2175 | Rake 0 Board [9h 8s 9d 3h 2d]Seat 3: lorito...ch (big blind) folded on the RiverSeat 4: Damiaomj showed [Jh Ah] and lost with a pair of NinesSeat 5: DMSCorreia folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: diiiabolontm folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: holdemace486 (button) showed [Ks As] and won (2175) with a pair of NinesSeat 9: MichhW_ (small blind) folded before Flop

Hi guys this is a hand from yesterday thats been bugging me,
    the opp was typical tag style of play
    was my play correct,
    was it to risky off a call?

You have a solid starting hand and big stack. I would have reraised 3x preflop. Hopefully this will isolate the original raiser. Furthermore, his response to your reraise ought to help you better define his range. Then you have a nice situation to fire a c-bet on the flop or turn with this board.

As you played it, nice call on the river! I would probably have folded since there is one player left to act. I kinda suck post flop in these situations, so I'm curious what the experts have to say.

GL

Roland GTX

Comment

Originally posted by Roland GTX View Post
      You have a solid starting hand and big stack. I would have reraised 3x preflop. Hopefully this will isolate the original raiser. Furthermore, his response to your reraise ought to help you better define his range. Then you have a nice situation to fire a c-bet on the flop or turn with this board.

As you played it, nice call on the river! I would probably have folded since there is one player left to act. I kinda suck post flop in these situations, so I'm curious what the experts have to say.

GL

Roland GTX
      thanks roland all comments welcome and noted and yes lookng back preflop i perhaps should of raised but did not want see a reraise all in

Comment

Hi holdemace,

On a 55 bb stack at the final table bubble, I think both 3 betting and flatting in position are viable options... which I'd prefer depends on the opponents.

As played, I am calling the river bet 100% of the time. The villain will have 2 big cards here the vast majority of the time after failing to c-bet the flop or delayed c-bet the turn, and AK beats all of those and ties the last one. I expect him to basically show up with a flopped monster that he slow played to the river, or air, and there's a lot more air than flopped monsters in his range.

Dave
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.