PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are these numbers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are these numbers?

For those who know more about the kind of results you should be having than I do - what is your thought on these stats? Are they good / adequate / mediocre / terrible?

27 man SnGs played: 81
    final tables reached: 39 (48%)
    6th place finishes (bubble): 7 (8.6%)
    1st place finishes: 7 (8.6%)
    top 3 finishes: 17 (21%)
    in the money finishes: 24 (30%)

I think they're not that bad, but is that correct?

percentages edited to avoid confusion

----------------------------------------------------------
    keeping track of my poker semi-career: ov3rsight.blog.com
    Last edited by Ov3rsight; Wed Jan 25, 2012, 10:46 PM.
    The Road to Fame and Fortune - Keeping track of my poker semi-career
    Keep up to date: @Ov3rsight

Very good results. Looks like you're on an upswing. My ITM is barely over 40% and I play 9-mans. You're probably playing very well to get those results, but definitely give it a few hundred more tournies before you give a ton of credit to them.

Comment

Don't forget - the 62% is 62% of the 39 final tables, not of the 81 played. Of the 81 played it's only 30%!

Comment

Maybe I'm inputting the data wrong, but my ROI Simulator tells me your ROI is over 50%. Over 81 games, you could be a losing player just on a big upswing, but it looks like your true ROI is probably over 20% at least, which is very very good. That's higher than my ROI, so I'd say just keep playing and wait for a bigger sample size before trying to adjust your game too much. If you can maintain a 20% ROI, then you're one of the better players out there for sure.

Comment

Hey they are some pretty good stats! keep up the hard work! How much are you buying in for?

Comment

If my math is right I have a 32% ROI at the moment, but that's including a few 9mans and big tourneys.
            On these 81, I come to 45% (payout - buyin) / buyin correct, or did I look it up wrong?

most of these are $1.50 buyins
            Last edited by Ov3rsight; Thu Jan 26, 2012, 12:00 AM.

Comment

They look quite good here

About ROI, why not opt-in on sharkscope so they work it out for you?
              Main reason I am opt-in.

Comment

Sharkscope puts my avg. ROI at 35% at the mo.
                But I just play silly microstake stuff, so it's not as good as it sounds

Comment

Keep in mind that sharkscope, OPR, etc will normally not have totally accurate numbers, as there are tourneys and games that the sites don't track.

John (JWK24)
                  Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I think Sharkscope shows a very accurate graph for my lifetime SNG play. It's a great way to track your games if you don't use a tracker. Be careful about not using it against Stars' rules though.

Comment

I jkeep track of my stuff in an excelsheet, and do the math from there. SO far so good

Comment

Originally posted by Ov3rsight View Post
                        I jkeep track of my stuff in an excelsheet, and do the math from there. SO far so good
                        Smart idea Ov3rsight! I've got the same type of sheet that I made up when I first started playing. That way I can keep track of every penny and every vpp that I've earned, along with sort it out by game, to see where I'm doing the best.

John (JWK24)
                        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hello everyone

I think i can put my stats here for your consideration, and i will be looking forward to your opinions ok my bankroll is built from freerolls i had 2$ and took a shot playing 90 man 0.25 sit& go ,and here are my stats after 100 90-man 0.25 $ regular games i played...

1 place finishes 3
                          2 place finishes 2
                          3 place finishes 1
                          and another 9 times ITM finishes

so...are they any good?

Thank you and good luck grinding.

Comment

Originally posted by RomeWu View Post
                            Hello everyone

I think i can put my stats here for your consideration, and i will be looking forward to your opinions ok my bankroll is built from freerolls i had 2$ and took a shot playing 90 man 0.25 sit& go ,and here are my stats after 100 90-man 0.25 $ regular games i played...

1 place finishes 3
                            2 place finishes 2
                            3 place finishes 1
                            and another 9 times ITM finishes

so...are they any good?

Thank you and good luck grinding.
                            Hi RomeWu!

The key numbers are ITM% (% of the time you're cashing) and even more ROI (profit/loss %).
                            Just because a player wins a tourney doesn't mean much. It's making a consistant profit that makes a good player. From your numbers, you're at 15% ITM and no clue on the ROI because I don't know the other ITM finish places to calculate it for you.
                            the cost of 100 games is $25 and the 6 finishes you list do make you slightly a +ROI (which is a good thing).

if you want something to compare to.... before black friday, I was running at 38.5% ITM and an ROI of 144%.... and my best was a 3rd.

John (JWK24)
                            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
                              Hi RomeWu!

The key numbers are ITM% (% of the time you're cashing) and even more ROI (profit/loss %).
                              Just because a player wins a tourney doesn't mean much. It's making a consistant profit that makes a good player. From your numbers, you're at 15% ITM and no clue on the ROI because I don't know the other ITM finish places to calculate it for you.
                              the cost of 100 games is $25 and the 6 finishes you list do make you slightly a +ROI (which is a good thing).

if you want something to compare to.... before black friday, I was running at 38.5% ITM and an ROI of 144%.... and my best was a 3rd.

John (JWK24)

ok ,the other finishes are 1 time 6 place,3 times 8 place,2 times 9 and 3 times 10 place finishes ,thank you for the evaluation .And your stats are amazing
                              Last edited by RomeWu; Wed May 30, 2012, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.