PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do i need to fold at the turn ad river?-big11

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do i need to fold at the turn ad river?-big11

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    this hand cost me my tournament i wasted my opportunity opp is blind defender he will not give up his blinds easily i want to keep pressuring my opp because i have a good stacks flop - i hit TP i think it's good so i cbet turn - paired the board, i double barreled he min raise - here do i need to fold my TP? river - i think i was committed here where did this hand go wrong?

as played - his turn raise certainly screams 10 to me, with so little behind in his stack i'm shoving or folding the turn, here i'm folding. probably.
    17 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Django66 View Post
      as played - his turn raise certainly screams 10 to me, with so little behind in his stack i'm shoving or folding the turn, here i'm folding. probably.

yes your right

my bad

i misread my hand i thought i have gutshot

Comment

Hi Marvin! Thanks for the read on the opp here, as it helps. Preflop, I like the raise here, especially against an opp known to defend with a wide range. The BB called, as per the read. The flop comes Q 10 7. It's good to get top pair here, but the kicker could be a problem, plus there are a number of straight draws out there. The opp checks and I would make a value bet here of about 1/2 pot. I'd bet this amount here, instead of 2/3 to 3/4 pot due to only a straight draw, and not a flush draw. The turn pairs the board. This could be a problem, as since the opp would call preflop with a wide range, a 10 is within their range. When the opp checks, I would make another value bet (along with to see where I'm at in the hand). I'd bet about 1/3 pot here. That would price out a straight draw. Making the lower bets on the flop/turn also help with pot control due to the low kicker. When the opp that had been passive the entire hand raises here, that's trouble, because they most likely have a 10. If so, then I would only have two outs, the two remaining Q's and due to that, there is not enough equity in the chips that I'd need to put into the pot here, compared to my hand, so I'm folding here. I would have used more pot control on the flop and turn and when raised on the turn, folded and preserved my remaining chips. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Django66 View Post
          +1 but remove two words "shoving" and "probably" fold
          May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.