PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

attack the limpers in position-big 11

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attack the limpers in position-big 11

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    dont mind my hand i play my opp he limped im in position and i have chips to spare i use it to my advantage he called i cbet 75% of the pot opp folded this is what we need to do play solid poker

*** moved to more appropriate forum since hand is an example and not one with questions to analyze JWK24***
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

You've got some great moves Marvin - sometimes I get the feeling that other people at the table are pulling a 'fast one' ... but the only way to know for sure is to call. So you never know for sure if that's what people are doing - cool to see new ideas!! I don't get too see too many advanced moves at the beginner tables umbup:

Comment

I do this a lot at cash game tables. Attacking players that limp/fold or limp/call/fold flop is extremely profitable. If you were to get caught at any time you've already made a really nice profit to cover the small loss of getting caught. Well done! umbup:

Comment

Very nice play. This is a very profitable play especially when the blinds increase in MTT's, you can win a lot of pots without even having to showdown and this makes your image at the table much more solid and you will be able to get away with many more bluffs. The only limp you can ever be weary of is an opponent limping utg but a raise in position with a decent stack would soon give you the information you need as he would probably re-raise after limping. Big stacks limp too much in middle/late position and i think this raise is a perfect way of punishing it, keep it up.

Comment

absolute quality marvin,now thats what i call a poker player umbup:

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.