PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did i take the right path?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did i take the right path?

Sunday Storm... Is my 750 call with so many out has the correct pot/odd??? Is my value bet correct? Is my all-in call correct? Thanks in advance.

flop: you have 9 flush and 3 straight outs for 12 total, giving you about 48% to win. The pot odds are 750/1850 = 41% so yes, definitely the right odds for a call. You may even ponder a raise here.

As for the allin call - you've come this far, it's gonna be hard folding a flush. Albeit a small one - if he has a flush, he has you beat. But he could have caught anything: flush draw, open ender, 2 pair.

He flips over just what I said - 2 pair. Him catching his 4 outer on the river is just bad luck.

-------------------------------------------------------
    keeping track of my poker semi-career: ov3rsight.blog.com
    The Road to Fame and Fortune - Keeping track of my poker semi-career
    Keep up to date: @Ov3rsight

Comment

*** moved to more appropriate forum since member has a ? about a hand played JWK24***
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

PRE - yes i will call also, if you hit you might double up because your opp have more stacks than you

flop - 1250 in a 2600 pot bet some more 75% of the pot 1950 is better to get more value and if your opp have straight draw he need to pay

he moves all in of course easy call

im sorry pre

you will win this the next time

Comment

Hi Pinoy! Preflop, this is a great situation for a suited connector, seeing the flop for free. The flop gives a flush draw and also a gutshot straight draw. If all of these are true outs, then 12 outs are available, which at the flop is 12*4%=48% hand equity. I could make a case to either check or value bet here and that will be based on any reads on the opp. If the opp was playing passively, I'd more likely check and hope the opp checks behind. If the opp is aggressive, I would probably make a blocking bet here. With a check, the opp bets 750, so let's see if the call makes sense. For a call, it will take 750 chips into a pot that will be 2600 (28.8%). There is more equity in the hand than what has to be put into the pot, so I will make this call. The turn hits the diamond flush. I will bet here, both for value and to protect my hand against another diamond on the river, as if another diamond hits, the opp could easily have one higher than a 5. I'd normally bet about 1/2 the pot in this situation, which is what you did. When the opp shoves, the only current hand that is ahead is a higher flush... although there are a number of hands that do have outs against me (set, 2 pair, single higher diamond). I'm making the call here and if the opp does have a higher flush or draws out on me, then I say nice hand, and enter another tournament. Unfortunately the opp hits one of their outs on the river, but that's poker. Good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

thanks everyone

Ov3rsight,marvinsytan,JWK24

Good Luck at the table

Need to grind the $1.5 NLHE 6Man to rebuild my bankroll.

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.