PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

played my hand poorly-11R 70k

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• played my hand poorly-11R 70k

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    i should have shoved this hand is so crucial how to play this right?

Hi Marvin, I don't think you needed to shove here. Here's why.... Preflop: std open raise and called by the button. Flop: KK2 with two spades. I like this board for a c-bet with a mid pair. Yes, the opp could have a king, but with a check, I don't find out anything out about the opp's hand. Turn: 3 of diamonds, which should be a blank. If I bet the flop, then I can either bet for value or check the turn for pot control if the opp calls the flop bet. If the opp was playing loose, I like value betting again. If the opp was playing tight, I'd check for pot control. However, if I'm the opp, after a check from the preflop raiser on both the flop and the turn, I'm betting the turn here almost every time, with or without a hand. River: If the opp calls a bet on both the flop and the turn, then I'm checking the river here. With the way the hand played out (opp could easily have made the bet on the turn with air to try and take it down there) if I put the opp on a spade draw or K, which is hard to tell here due to not betting the flop or turn, then I fold.. otherwise I call. A read on the opp would help here. I don't think that there had to be a shove here, but a value bet on the flop and turn would probably have taken down the pot, as the preflop raise then two value bets reps a K in this hand and 66 would normally not call all three of those bets. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

lesson learned - thank you sir

Comment

just a follow up question

i just review the hand and i remember not cbetting here because i know my opp will definitely float
        because he's a good player

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.