PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early game AQ facing pre-flop shove

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early game AQ facing pre-flop shove

all taken from .25c 45 man games. With no read at all on what they are shoving with such a big stack, it safer to fold right? 77+, AJs+, AJo+, KQs, KQo for AQs to be even
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Folding is fine in all of these hands. I agree with it.

Comment

Hi Keldraco. These hands are all pukes really. I would make a note of these guys each time you them them do this. So next time you see them doing it again, in a more marginal spot you can make a more accurate range for them. The good thing about it is sometimes you'll have a QQ+ and can just call these guys and bust em The problem with all of these hands is the opponents are allin (or effectively allin hand 1) so the only equity we have is showdown equity, meaning we have to win at showdown. Also there is very little money in the pot before the shove meaning there's no dead money in there to sweeten the pot. Our equity is easy to calculate as you have done vs particular ranges. In flat equity terms we can probably call each time and we are probably even. The reason I wouldn't call though is this guys are bad. Real bad. Our prize equity vs them when we enter this tournament is way better than 50/50. With a good ROI it's probably more like 30/70. Therefore calling them here with 50/50 equity in a pot is really giving them their best shot at beating you. I think you're doing the right thing here, looking for a spot where we dominate them. It shows great patience to fold big hands vs these guys. Great job! umbup: Keep it up Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

100% fold i will call only with QQ KK AA

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.