PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you have stuck with it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Would you have stuck with it?

    PokerStars Hand #73341740954: Tournament #495278087, $0.23+$0.02 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2012/01/05 19:45:46 WET [2012/01/05 14:45:46 ET]
    Table '495278087 3' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
    Seat 1: Rayden_CZE (1175 in chips)
    Seat 2: vabmvwd (1477 in chips) is sitting out
    Seat 3: TCOBENKO (1400 in chips)
    Seat 4: gudw1n977 (5460 in chips)
    Seat 5: Nushrok46 (4570 in chips)
    Seat 6: Sakuryn (4200 in chips)
    Seat 7: Bunkó (3780 in chips)
    Seat 8: 1MoreVictim (7370 in chips)
    Seat 9: SASHA_ KOZOD (1490 in chips)
    gudw1n977: posts small blind 50
    Nushrok46: posts big blind 100
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to 1MoreVictim [Js Ts]
    Sakuryn: folds
    Bunkó: folds
    1MoreVictim: raises 100 to 200
    SASHA_ KOZOD: folds
    Rayden_CZE: folds
    vabmvwd: folds
    TCOBENKO: folds
    gudw1n977: folds
    Nushrok46: calls 100
    *** FLOP *** [Qh Ks Qs]
    Nushrok46: checks
    1MoreVictim: bets 300
    Nushrok46: raises 300 to 600
    1MoreVictim: calls 300
    *** TURN *** [Qh Ks Qs] [Kh]
    Nushrok46: bets 1100
    1MoreVictim: calls 1100
    *** RIVER *** [Qh Ks Qs Kh] [As]
    Nushrok46: bets 1600
    1MoreVictim: raises 1600 to 3200
    Nushrok46: calls 1070 and is all-in
    Uncalled bet (530) returned to 1MoreVictim
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    1MoreVictim: shows [Js Ts] (a Royal Flush)
    Nushrok46: shows [Kc Jc] (a full house, Kings full of Queens)
    1MoreVictim collected 9190 from pot
    Nushrok46 finished the tournament in 35th place
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 9190 | Rake 0
    Board [Qh Ks Qs Kh As]
    Seat 1: Rayden_CZE folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 2: vabmvwd folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 3: TCOBENKO (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 4: gudw1n977 (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 5: Nushrok46 (big blind) showed [Kc Jc] and lost with a full house, Kings full of Queens
    Seat 6: Sakuryn folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 7: Bunkó folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 8: 1MoreVictim showed [Js Ts] and won (9190) with a Royal Flush
    Seat 9: SASHA_ KOZOD folded before Flop (didn't bet)

  • #2
    Nice Hand 1MoreVictim, But after the turn i would of gave up, your chasing a 2 outer for a straight flush, you gotta think he already has a boat. Unless you have huge implied odds I am giving up on the turn. If you are going for it, I would ship it over his min raise on the flop. Just my opinion tho. Good luckumbup:

    Comment


    • #3
      This flop hits an average oop pf callers range pretty hard.
      I like the cbet, and when min ck raised on the flop, you have good odds to draw to your flush/gutter.i think to call and peal here is good, as folding here really isn't an option, and raising that board is just charging yourself to draw.
      BUT, when that second king hits the turn, and he donk leads into you, your hand is trash to 2 outs (As, 9s) 23/1 to draw at
      i'm tossin' that hand right there w/ at least a millisecond delay of course (maybe two tops)
      This is just my .02 but thats how I see it
      Last edited by mtnestegg; Fri Jan 06, 2012, 06:55 PM.
      May the tinfoil protect you. MT

      Comment


      • #4
        I want to agree with the first two posters but have a question.

        What range of hands did you put your opponent on?

        Grade b
        I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

        13 Time Bracelet Winner


        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Grade b View Post
          I want to agree with the first two posters but have a question.

          What range of hands did you put your opponent on?

          Grade b
          Ya how could you not put your villain on Kx or Qx? Or maybe you did..
          May the tinfoil protect you. MT

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi 1more,

            I think this is a fold on the turn for sure... the flop call is marginal imo when the villain min-raises you on a paired board, but when the board double pairs on the turn the villains range is so full house heavy that you just can't call expecting a straight or flush to be good. You do have 2 outs to the nuts, but that is a 22-1 shot. Calling 1.1K on a 22-1 shot you'd need to recover 24K in profit when you hit the straight flush in order to break even. Potential earnings in this hand are way short of that, so the turn call is pretty severely -EV.

            You got a good result, but the result of an individual trial is meaningless... long term (over many trials) the turn call will be a big chip burner imo.

            Dave
            Head Live Trainer
            Check out my Videos

            4 Time Bracelet Winner



            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
              Hi 1more, I think this is a fold on the turn for sure... the flop call is marginal imo when the villain min-raises you on a paired board, but when the board double pairs on the turn the villains range is so full house heavy that you just can't call expecting a straight or flush to be good. You do have 2 outs to the nuts, but that is a 22-1 shot. Calling 1.1K on a 22-1 shot you'd need to recover 24K in profit when you hit the straight flush in order to break even. Potential earnings in this hand are way short of that, so the turn call is pretty severely -EV. You got a good result, but the result of an individual trial is meaningless... long term (over many trials) the turn call will be a big chip burner imo. Dave
              have 2 agree wi dave fold it 2 risky , gl all the best umbup:

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
                Hi 1more,

                . Potential earnings in this hand are way short of that, so the turn call is pretty severely -EV.


                You got a good result, but the result of an individual trial is meaningless... long term (over many trials) the turn call will be a bigchip burner imo.

                Dave
                your being nice. This isn't your opinion Dave. its fact.
                Last edited by mtnestegg; Fri Jan 06, 2012, 07:31 PM.
                May the tinfoil protect you. MT

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mtnestegg View Post
                  your being nice. This isn't your opinion Dave. its fact.
                  +1000

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I got my first royal flush by holding on till the river when I should have folded. That was a few years ago, and I know better now. I would have folded on the turn with only a 4% chance to hit.

                    Some peeps will never fold a royal draw, but it will cost a lot of chips/cash when you don't hit.

                    Bracelet Winner


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by joy7108 View Post
                      I got my first royal flush by holding on till the river when I should have folded. That was a few years ago, and I know better now. I would have folded on the turn with only a 4% chance to hit. Some peeps will never fold a royal draw, but it will cost a lot of chips/cash when you don't hit.
                      just got smashed wi 10 10 ,had kq suit ,akk flop ,turn 2 , river 10, get im next time ,oops or ouch ,gl all the bestumbup:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by whu1895 View Post
                        just got smashed wi 10 10 ,had kq suit ,akk flop ,turn 2 , river 10, get im next time ,oops or ouch ,gl all the bestumbup:
                        er oh yeah that was a 3 x button raise me sb call ,iwas all in on turn ,2 try 2 put im of any draw ,set , flush, ,he gambled , so was i wrong or rite ,all info welcome umbup:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hey whu, open a new thread w/ the HH, and i'm sure we'll all do what we can for ya..MT
                          May the tinfoil protect you. MT

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mtnestegg View Post
                            Hey whu, open a new thread w/ the HH, and i'm sure we'll all do what we can for ya..MT
                            thnx stegg but , my com dies if i try hand replay, all i can do is give basic hand 2 hand ,win or lose ,i will try 2 get to the point ,ty all the best umbup:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.