PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I fold AKs is this too tight-$3.3R($40kGtd)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I fold AKs is this too tight-$3.3R($40kGtd)

opp is solid tag - he can be playing QQ KK AA
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    rebuy ended just want to play safe because he can bust me out is this too tight

Hi Marvin,

I don't think I can really fold AKs to a 3b here. Even a solid TAGs range for 3betting here would be wider than QQ,KK,AA. You are also holding 2 blockers, both an A & a K, which makes the chances of him holding AA or KK less.

Do you have any HUD stats on what he was playing like? How had you been playing? How many pots had you been opening recently? The looser you've been playing the wider he can 3bet. Is this the only player on the table you fold to a 3b from?

If I'm worried this guy has aleast a pocket pair and I don't want to commit a 60BB stack on a flip preflop. Then I would call and see the flop.

If an A or K comes we will likely discount AA & KK as his holdings, go for a check raise and try for the double up through him. If we miss and he fires the expected big cbet we can fold and our remaining stack is still in good shape. I don't think we've lost too much $EV in the tourney.

Another comment would be a 3x open is pretty big. You can probably drop your open to 2.5x

Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by ahar010 View Post
      Hi Marvin,

I don't think I can really fold AKs to a 3b here. Even a solid TAGs range for 3betting here would be wider than QQ,KK,AA. You are also holding 2 blockers, both an A & a K, which makes the chances of him holding AA or KK less.

Do you have any HUD stats on what he was playing like? How had you been playing? How many pots had you been opening recently? The looser you've been playing the wider he can 3bet. Is this the only player on the table you fold to a 3b from?

If I'm worried this guy has aleast a pocket pair and I don't want to commit a 60BB stack on a flip preflop. Then I would call and see the flop.

If an A or K comes we will likely discount AA & KK as his holdings, go for a check raise and try for the double up through him. If we miss and he fires the expected big cbet we can fold and our remaining stack is still in good shape. I don't think we've lost too much $EV in the tourney.

Another comment would be a 3x open is pretty big. You can probably drop your open to 2.5x

Andy
      yes maybe your right

i forgot about my blockers

i should have at least and call and see the flop and if i miss i can fold i still have chips

i dont use hud i just know that he's tight and he's playing top10% of what i saw

about me average, but i dont think he will reraise me light here, he got something but the very least your right i might 2 overcards and if i hit it i might get paid off with his Q's but i think he would fold if A or K comes out the flop but i can still get one bet before he fold

i just don't like calling his reraise then folding

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.