PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it ok to call a raise then float then fold-$3.5R 180man sng

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it ok to call a raise then float then fold-$3.5R 180man sng

opp doesn't seem to play much the time he played i saw AA so i got a little bit tentative about my hand PRE - I flat for set mining at the same time. I don't want to 3bet because I'm not ready to go all in if he jams. I think I have enough chips to let go of my TT if he continued aggression. postflop - I have OP I don't know but I'm not that confident with my hand, he continued to bet so I float and look if he will continue. Still i don't like to 3bet because I'm not ready to bust out with TT against my opp turn - he keeps betting i give up Am I too tight against tight opp or i should have just 3bet/fold PRE just to make sure if im ahead or not or at the post flop 3bet/fold what is the best?

I think you played this hand perfectly. He's probably not firing multiple barrels with worse than your hand.

or at the post flop 3bet/fold
    You can't 3-bet. You can only raise, call or fold. If you raise and he reraises that's a 3-bet.
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I think you played this one pretty good too. The way the opp bet, they probably have AK, KQs, set, or higher pkt pair than you.

If they had a mid pair, they should have slowed down when the K hit, because a K is definitely in your range too (you didn't have one, but the opp doesn't know that).
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by oriholic View Post
        I think you played this hand perfectly. He's probably not firing multiple barrels with worse than your hand.

You can't 3-bet. You can only raise, call or fold. If you raise and he reraises that's a 3-bet.
        PRE - what i mean about 3bet is because he's raising I will 3bet him then if he 4bet shoves i will fold

Post flop - he bets again I want to 3bet him because i have OP then fold if he 4bet shoves

Turn - if I 3bet will not reach at this point

is this play - +EV so that I'm sure if he's strong or just believe in my read and play safely

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsytan View Post
          Post flop - he bets again I want to 3bet him because i have OP then fold if he 4bet shoves
          You mean you want to raise and then fold to a 3-bet shove? I'm talking about definitions, not EV.
          4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by oriholic View Post
            You mean you want to raise and then fold to a 3-bet shove? I'm talking about definitions, not EV.
            No, I'm in position here.

he's the one raising first so my question is

PRE - UTG raise first I 3bet then fold to 4bet shove

or just call PRE then postflop he bet first I 3bet but fold to 4bet shove

so that I'll have a little bit of info that I'm really beat

but is it ok to 3bet/fold just curious?

Comment

what is he saying is if he bets and you raise, that is not a 3 bet. Its just a raise.
              if he bets and you raise, and he reraises you, THAT is a 3 bet.
              The reason it isnt like that preflop is the blind is concidered the first bet . So ya know
              May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

Originally posted by mtnestegg View Post
                what is he saying is if he bets and you raise, that is not a 3 bet. Its just a raise.
                if he bets and you raise, and he reraises you, THAT is a 3 bet.
                The reason it isnt like that preflop is the blind is concidered the first bet . So ya know
                thank you for clarrifyng that

i just learned this

1bet 2bet before 3bet yes I know I'm so stupid but not now I learned my lesson

im not stupid anymore

thank you for correcting my mistake. appreciate it

Comment

Not stupid at all marvin. Just uninformed. Ignorance can be learned away, stupid is forever..
                  May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

Originally posted by mtnestegg View Post
                    Not stupid at all marvin. Just uninformed. Ignorance can be learned away, stupid is forever..
                    well said

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.