PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Risking In-the-Money Position for a Much Better Future

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Risking In-the-Money Position for a Much Better Future

The game is $0.10 360-Players MTT Turbo. Field size left 37-40... Bubble time! I got 5 or less BB in my stack but there are some players with stacks less than what I have. I am sure to get in-the-money if I sit out this hand, but I decided differently. There are still 4 players after me. All except 1 have stacks atleast 3x my stack. I am pretty sure I will get a caller. So what?!? I thought my A8o is good enough to shove my remaining stacks. I won't get any better hands than that as I am about to get blinded out. It will be unlucky if I ran into premium hands. If I will get a caller, I thought he will definitely be playing almost any hands with his stack size. So I shove. It was unfortunate though that he hit his 7. I could have doubled up and advanced further into the game instead of settling for just in-the-money position and then get eaten up by the blinds. I guess my next move is to learn how to use Equity calculator so I can get back to this scenario and really find out if my decision was a + or - Equity. Would appreciate any comments. Good luck at the tables and HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

str nh.
    22+ A3o+ K4s+ K9o+ Q7s+ Q9o+ J8s+ JTo T8s+ 98s,
    on the tight side.
    fold if you need 2 bi, push for more.

Comment

I would push here too. With M of about 2 and a chance to open shove with an ace high hand in hijack. I rather aim for higher ROI then ITM.

Comment

*** moved to HA since member wants info on how to play the hand JWK24***
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I like your shove here and I do NOT like the call by the opp in the blind, as it takes a much better hand to call an all-in, than to be the first to shove.

You hand has 60% equity against a random hand and 47% if you're against (pair, broadway, any A).

If the opps all fold, you gain over 50% of your stack size.

Due to this, I like the shove here if you can be the first one in the pot. If someone shoved before you, then I'm looking for a better spot.

download version 1.24 of pokerstove, this version works (the older ones stopped working yesterday)
          http://www.pokerstove.com/download/
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.