PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

for tournament life-sunday storm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for tournament life-sunday storm

for my tournament life, not yet in the money but close i know i got the best hands but the worst flop ever do i shove or check/call or a crying check/fold

preflop: since you're in the blinds and it's only the BB and a limper, I think you need to raise more here preflop.

With 15BB, you can shove here.. and if they all fold, you add over 20% to your stack. OR
    You can make a raise that will commit you to the pot (1/3 stack), to 5500 and either shove any flop or call a 3-bet shove by the opp.

You absolutely need to value bet the flop here and if the opp has a flush draw, you need to bet enough to make it -EV for the opp to draw at a heart (they have 36% equity if drawing at one, even more if they have a flush/straight combo). Due to that, I think you need to shove the flop here. They could have you beat or drawout on you.. but I'm taking my chances.

If you'd have raised more preflop here, then your decision on the flop would be much easier.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
      preflop: since you're in the blinds and it's only the BB and a limper, I think you need to raise more here preflop.

With 15BB, you can shove here.. and if they all fold, you add over 20% to your stack. OR
      You can make a raise that will commit you to the pot (1/3 stack), to 5500 and either shove any flop or call a 3-bet shove by the opp.

You absolutely need to value bet the flop here and if the opp has a flush draw, you need to bet enough to make it -EV for the opp to draw at a heart (they have 36% equity if drawing at one, even more if they have a flush/straight combo). Due to that, I think you need to shove the flop here. They could have you beat or drawout on you.. but I'm taking my chances.

If you'd have raised more preflop here, then your decision on the flop would be much easier.
      yes thank you

i think this is the best play with 15BB i need to raise more that will commit me post flop to make my life easier on any flop--just like flop like this

lessons learned

Comment

If the villain has a flush draw plus gutshot strait draw they have 13 outs and 48% equity and there is no bet you can make to deny them odds to call because of the dead money in the pot. To just make as close as possible would require a 50x pot bet.

Comment

Originally posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
          If the villain has a flush draw plus gutshot strait draw they have 13 outs and 48% equity and there is no bet you can make to deny them odds to call because of the dead money in the pot. To just make as close as possible would require a 50x pot bet.
          just curious what would you do?

Comment

I frequently raise more from the blinds than other positions (because I am out of position the rest of the hand) so my typical raise would probably be to 4500. Since the is around 1/3 of my stack I'd be all-in preflop.

Comment

In the hand, 45h would give villain a made str8 flush which is highly rare. Could they call with 5h7h in this spot? It would be a bit loose from MP but no unheard of. Combinatorially the possible made flushes are not a major part of their likely holdings. Ahx hands are also a small part so a turn c-bet is in order, but it is likely to be a bet which is only being called if you are beat.

Against two villains I check the flop. Against one I usually bet the flop unless I have a strong reason not to which is not present here based on your explanation. Since a std c-bet is so much of my stack its all-in on the flop.

Comment

Originally posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
                In the hand, 45h would give villain a made str8 flush which is highly rare. Could they call with 5h7h in this spot? It would be a bit loose from MP but no unheard of. Combinatorially the possible made flushes are not a major part of their likely holdings. Ahx hands are also a small part so a turn c-bet is in order, but it is likely to be a bet which is only being called if you are beat.

Against two villains I check the flop. Against one I usually bet the flop unless I have a strong reason not to which is not present here based on your explanation. Since a std c-bet is so much of my stack its all-in on the flop.
                Noted Sir

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.