PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is is ok not to cbet-sunday storm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is is ok not to cbet-sunday storm

because im short i dont want to waste anymore chips because if i got called i need to give up anyway just saving my chips for steal/resteal

preflop: std open raise and the raise amount helps to conceal your hand. However, since you only have 12.5 BB left, it's perfectly fine to be open-shoving here too.

flop: total airball. If you c-bet here, you really need to be shoving. If you check and the opp bets and you fold, you still have basically 10BB left and then, I'd be looking to find a hand to shove with.

I think the best plays here are to either open shove, or play it the way you did and shove the next hand that you get, since you'll have 10BB.
    If you std raise, then shove any flop, I think you're much better off shoving preflop, so the opp can't see if the 3 cards on the flop hits their hand.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

isn't this like the 1 u posted before? like our trainer chris had mention the pot is 690 so it was like the blind is 230/460. so u can treat it like u had less then 10BB.

Comment

Originally posted by Keldraco View Post
        isn't this like the 1 u posted before? like our trainer chris had mention the pot is 690 so it was like the blind is 230/460. so u can treat it like u had less then 10BB.
        this is just today

i can't understand 230/460 blind?

can you elaborate?

Comment

with the added ante the pot is 690. with a blind level of 230/460 the pot size is also 690. if you see it this way, your start 3811 is less then 10x of 460.

Comment

actually after this reply and going through other player hand review i went back and read den harrington book2. The 1st time i read it, i didn't understand why did he want to introduce the concept of M. isn't it more easier and simple to measure the stack in BB? Now i think i'm starting to understand a bit more.

Comment

actually after this reply and going through other player hand review i went back and read den harrington book2. The 1st time i read it, i didn't understand why did he want to introduce the concept of M. isn't it more easier and simple to measure the stack in BB? Now i think i'm starting to understand a bit more.
              what M stands for?

the Premiere League will be tougher as you been promoted there this month.

Good luck and see you at the table.

Comment

with the added ante the pot is 690. with a blind level of 230/460 the pot size is also 690. if you see it this way, your start 3811 is less then 10x of 460.
                maybe i'll try to count it this way the next time tnx and congratulations, that's why I believe you in your concept you have proofumbup: job well done

Comment

I agree with Keldraco and JWK24
                  Originally posted by PINOY_HITMAN View Post
                  what M stands for? the Premiere League will be tougher as you been promoted there this month. Good luck and see you at the table.
                  M=cost/round. M=big blind + small blind + #antes per round. Learning this system recently has improved my luck at the table (er, computer.)umbup: I am a total newbie so the following opinion should be viewed as the cheapest thing in poker. As for the hand that was played, the problem is the early position. Knowing that Marvinsytan's M=5.5, I definitely would have shoved it all-in with AJo pre-flop. However, if I was certain that the button was a villain who almost always raised in position, I would limp instead and re-steal all-in if the players in the blinds folded to his raise. With an expected value for AJo, EV=0.19, this should play well against most hands in his range if he calls, but he will most likely fold. I guess re-stealing should be done reluctantly, but it is a sharp arrow to have in one's quiver if you are almost at the end of your game. I try to save it for the final table. If one of blinds called his raise then I would probably fold, losing 1BB instead of 3BB. That would be the expense of acquiring knowledge of other peoples hands when trying to play in early position. If there was no raise, I would check the flop, and fold to any bet. It is probably best just to shove straight away. ps. I am sure that Keldraco will do well in the big leagues. Cheers!
                  5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.