PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$1.5 STT: AKs in BB vs. BU Open and SB 3Bet by Nitty Regular

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1.5 STT: AKs in BB vs. BU Open and SB 3Bet by Nitty Regular

Title says it all. The SB runs 10/9/6 over 360 hands. I consider him a good player for the $1.50 games.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.5 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 (t1590)
    MP1 (t1510)
    MP2 (t1470)
    MP3 (t1450)
    CO (t1470)
    Button (t1410)
    Multitabling Rock (SB) (t1635)
    Panicky (BB) (t1590)
    UTG (t1375)

Panicky's M: 53.00

Preflop: Panicky is BB with A, K
    6 folds, Button bets t40, Multitabling Rock raises to t100, Panicky ???

I should note that my image is 23/19/6, with very high steal attempt numbers (and probably above average resteal numbers).

Comment

if he is a rock, you are probably looking at AK minimum here, call and hit the nut flush lol

Comment

Super nitty multi-tabler is going to be very strong here, probably QQ+ and AK, he's never folding and AK doesn't play well vs. that range, so I would just fold this preflop tbh.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

For me it is down to how tight his opening range is: I have seen "nits" 3 bet with 6s upwards, Suited Aces, AK, AQ suited or off, and KQ and QJ suited, that is around the range you are looking at with a 10% VPIP. So it is only the top percentile of his range which has you dominated. This guy is aggressive as his PFR is nearly the same as his VPIP so he is raising the top 10% percent of hands no matter what they are.

I am certainly calling and might even consider 4 betting if I saw him opening weaker hands than Aces or Kings. It also depends on his read on you and your read on the Button as well. If you call will the BU 4 bet, if you raise will he 5 bet. Never discount any player in the hand!

I hope you didn't fold

Cheers,

TC

Comment

Originally posted by topthecat View Post
            For me it is down to how tight his opening range is: I have seen "nits" 3 bet with 6s upwards, Suited Aces, AK, AQ suited or off, and KQ and QJ suited, that is around the range you are looking at with a 10% VPIP. So it is only the top percentile of his range which has you dominated. This guy is aggressive as his PFR is nearly the same as his VPIP so he is raising the top 10% percent of hands no matter what they are.

I am certainly calling and might even consider 4 betting if I saw him opening weaker hands than Aces or Kings. It also depends on his read on you and your read on the Button as well. If you call will the BU 4 bet, if you raise will he 5 bet. Never discount any player in the hand!

I hope you didn't fold

Cheers,

TC
            I agree it's definitely down to how tight is range is. According to the stats provided his range isn't 10%, it's 6% for 3-bets. Plugging 6% into stove AKs is actually almost dead even equity wise vs. this range. The trouble is I'm not sure how profitably we can play this post flop if we call, and 4 betting is suicide.

4-b: His call 4b/get it in range is probably QQ+ and maybe AK, our equity vs. this range is bad.

Flat: We'll have position, but vs. a nit we are not likely to get action when we flop the best hand, we'll have to give up when we miss, and will be close to commitment when we hit and are still behind. If we were super deep that would be totally different, but we're not deep enough to move him off good but not great 1 pair hands post flop. So flatting I'm not sure how profitable we can make this in the long run. We need ways to win with the worst hand before showdown, or ways to get value when we flop the best hand, and vs. a nit with this preflop pot size and stack size there's not much of either I think.
            Head Live Trainer
            Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
              Super nitty multi-tabler is going to be very strong here, probably QQ+ and AK
              Edit: After reading TC's reply and looking back at the stats given, this is too tight for his 3b range, I still don't think continuing is very profitable, if at all, though.
              Head Live Trainer
              Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I kind of thought that cold calling would be an interesting idea because the SB might not know what to make of it. If I hit the flop, he might spaz a little and spew some chips my way. I figured that probably, though, I would have trouble making money by calling because he probably is going to have a clue what's going on, and even when I hit he'd have me crushed anyway a fair amount of the time.

Comment

I thought the 6 was aggression factor, I did not realise that it was his 3 bet percentage, maybe they are the same thing?

I have even found that holding Aces in this sort of spot and four betting that players I would classify as multi-tabling nits will come along with 10s plus, probably even put me all in. Maybe my nit classification is a bit off

Cheers,

TC

Comment

The 6 should be his 3B%, aggression factor is a post flop number. Panicky if the 6 is something else please tell us, it can certainly make a difference.
                    Head Live Trainer
                    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

***Moved***

Just put this in the right section.

Cheers,

TC

Comment

VPIP/PFR/3Bet

I got the wrong forum?

Comment

Looks like I would have had my goose cooked then

Cheers,

TC

Comment

Originally posted by PanickyPoker View Post
                            Title says it all. The SB runs 10/9/6 over 360 hands. I consider him a good player for the $1.50 games. PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.5 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com UTG+1 (t1590) MP1 (t1510) MP2 (t1470) MP3 (t1450) CO (t1470) Button (t1410) Multitabling Rock (SB) (t1635) Panicky (BB) (t1590) UTG (t1375) Panicky's M: 53.00 Preflop: Panicky is BB with A, K 6 folds, Button bets t40, Multitabling Rock raises to t100, Panicky ???
                            its a call for me but then wat do i no all the bestumbup:

Comment

too early in the tournament

a raise and a re-raise

AKs

I will definitely get out of trouble and look for better spot no need to risk valuable chips that you can use in the future

I will definitely follow Langolier's advice

and I still have Langolier's advice in my poker mind, always win your chips 2 ways and by calling your just putting dead money

in this situation if you call and did not hit the flop which will happen most of the time, you can't continue

if you 4bet then got 5bet you might fold again

you just lose your BB run fast. another thing I learned from our Teachers, Don't ever fall in love with your cards, look at the action in front of you.

Love at First Sight will only get you in trouble. Learned my lessons a lot of time and still trying to learn from this.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.