PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Learned this from live training

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learned this from live training

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    .25c 45-man I will usually raise more there but since the weak player to my left just lost a huge pot, he will almost alway shove there( most weak player will). For those who have not attend the training, you really should. Happy with my play there . Maybe this should be in the Hand Analysis section, sorry about that.
    Last edited by Keldraco; Fri Dec 23, 2011, 08:39 AM.

I see what you did there. And I liked it. umbup:

Comment

** Moved **

Comment

I absolutely like what you did. You have the best hand in hold'em and want to do whatever you can to get as many of the chips in that you can preflop. With that many limpers in front of you, you want to raise, but you want to raise and amount so that when the short-stack pushes, it's a legal raise and you can then shove over it. You raised a perfect amount to be able to accomplish this. Unfortunately, you got unlucky in the hand, but you played it correctly, as most people might raise a bit more preflop.... which would then not allow the short-stack a legal raise and then you'd be stuck just calling preflop and shoving the flop, which may have gotten some of the other opps to drop... which is not what you want. You want to get as many chips in preflop as possible, which is exactly what you did in this example. Keep it up umbup:
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.