PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many sng i have to play to know?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many sng i have to play to know?

how many 9man sng turbos i have to play before i can know that iam a profitable player?
    is it around the 10k?

10 k would give a good indication, + or - a few % points... most of the big time guys want at least 25k or more

Comment

Howdy Downlow, I think that if you can play 500 - 1000 sng's at any level and have a better than 10% Return on Investment then you will be proving that you are a profitable player. What level are you playing? As you move up in buy ins the skill will be more and more required as obv there are better players. So if you go to some of those higher buyins and see who is playing and look up their stats it will be another good comparison for you.

Gidee Up!

Comment

How to win

If you can win at the lowest buy in level of these SNGs you can be a winner if you have the discipline to play at the level(s) where you are successful. If you can not win at the lowest level and have the discipline to be a winning player, you will find some place where you can win. So the real question is, do you have that self discipline.
        3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I agree with 19honu62 that ~1000 games should be enough if you're just trying to figure out a basic idea. Expect a lower ROI in turbos, though, because the speed of the game depreciates the impact of skill on your ROI and makes winning players win a little less and losing players lose a little less.

Comment

Hey Honu, Ive recently moved to 3.5$.
            My current bankroll is 300$ (a little bit loose but iam really tired of 1.5$).

Comment

Isn't 100 buy-ins excessive for STT's? I thought that 50 was the professional standard.

Comment

50 is really tricky, maybe its ok for regular speed by for turbos there is a little bit more variance so i prefer 100buyin.
                by the way is it just me or there is a big difference between 1.5 and 3.5.
                it seems there is a lot of donks in 3.5, people have been raising preflop with 92s OOP and some other crappy hands.

Comment

This is a good thing! LOL Hey they are doing it at the $7 games too.

Gidee Up!

Comment

You have no idea how glad I am to hear that.

Hoping to make your LT tonight, btw. $7 SNG's FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by DownLow300 View Post
                      50 is really tricky, maybe its ok for regular speed by for turbos there is a little bit more variance so i prefer 100buyin.
                      by the way is it just me or there is a big difference between 1.5 and 3.5.
                      it seems there is a lot of donks in 3.5, people have been raising preflop with 92s OOP and some other crappy hands.
                      I play the low stakes and medium stakes 180 mans, and there is a tonne of fish in them, makes it easy to chip early.

With regards to the amount of buy ins, turbo's I like 70BI's... 40-50 for regular SnG's.

Comment

Another SNG Bankroll managment idea !!

we have 6. 9, 18,45,180 or many others chance of positive ROI in equal situation is 33% , 33% , 22% ,16%, 10% (No. of in the money/ No. Entrants).... so there is many differences to play 6entrant SNG or 18entrant SNG you can play 6max with 50 buy-ins easily or sometimes less,

Comment

Working...
                        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.