PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SB vs BB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SB vs BB

Guy at BB isn't some crazy type, his stack size is scary and I really don't want to mess, but, I decided to limp, if he 3bts I can call but after that only fold is an option.
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    My question is: After hand played I showed my A, I think that was a right move, to let him think I trapped him. What do you think ?

preflop: if you're the SB, never limp. Either raise or fold. limping is a big chip leak. You had a suited A, so should have raised to 2.5-3BB.

flop: you miss and check, which is fine. The opp hit a part of the flop (personally if I'm the opp and you played preflop weak by limping, then checking the flop, I'm betting ATC here).

Showing the A is a BIG mistake. It does NOT make you look like a trapper. To trap someone, you play a strong, already made, hand (which obviously the opp had the best hand, since they showed) passively, then bet big later in the hand. The key with trapping is that you must have the best hand all along.... not draw into it later in the hand. If you draw into a good hand later, it's not trapping, it's getting lucky when you're behind.

By showing the A, the opp should be making a note on you that you will play an A very passively, especially from the blinds and will limp with it.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.