PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fold or not ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fold or not ?

Big stack guy's 4betting 4th time in a row, abusing everybody at table ... Should I fold his reraise ? We can't be pushed around forever ...
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

If the opp was raising that many hands in a row.. something's fishy.

One opp calls, then they raise and you 3-bet.. if they liked raising that much and I had a made hand (even with a mid-pair), I absolutely like the shove.... because they are betting with numerous hands that are marginal at best.

You got lucky here and the opp actually hand a hand, a pair one higher than you, but you made the correct play due to the opp's prior actions and it worked out for you in the end.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
      If the opp was raising that many hands in a row.. something's fishy.

One opp calls, then they raise and you 3-bet.. if they liked raising that much and I had a made hand (even with a mid-pair), I absolutely like the shove.... because they are betting with numerous hands that are marginal at best.

You got lucky here and the opp actually hand a hand, a pair one higher than you, but you made the correct play due to the opp's prior actions and it worked out for you in the end.
      Would it not be better to 3bet shove pre-flop to opp's initial 4x raise rather than re-raising to 2.5k in this spot? Although it worked out but if we shove pre-flop we take the 4bet option away from him - though he may still call with his big stack.

Comment

if they're that aggressive.. then instead of shoving, which may get them to fold. Let them do the betting for you so that you can guarantee more of their chips into the pot.
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
          if they're that aggressive.. then instead of shoving, which may get them to fold. Let them do the betting for you so that you can guarantee more of their chips into the pot.
          But do we really want a call with our 8,8 out of position?

Comment

from that big of a maniac..... yes. They got lucky and had a pair this time, but if they're 4-betting that many hands in a row, then their range is basically ATC.
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.