PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Chase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chase

Sandy is generally an aggressive player with strong holdings so the initial 2.5X bet wasn't alarming while also not being taxing since I was in the BB already. With an open ended str8 draw on the flop I made a % bet and was raised proportionately so decided to call. The turn left me with a flush draw to go with the str8 draw leaving me with 15 outs for the river. I checked to them because I felt my only bet would be all in so to save myself I wanted to see at what value do they judge their hand. evil:
    Join My Home Game Club - The Joker's Wild

Disclaimer All characters depicted herein are fictional; any resemblance to actual PSO members is strictly coincidental. evil:

Comment

Thats a close one J. Both immediate and implied as your about 2/1 on your draw. A little light on immediate and just over on implied. I'm peelin' it here I think. The one you should worry about is that dude with egg on his face though..
      May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

preflop, calling it's ok.. but remember, you're playing the rest of the hand out of positon. If you think the opp's got a hand when they raise, I'm mucking here... but.. if they will raise light, you do have a suited A, so see if you can hit part of the flop.

flop: you get an OESD. I'd have bet a bit more than that, because I'd have wanted to try and price out a flush draw and maybe get two clubs to drop (66-75% of pot since it's multiway). You get raised to about 75% of the pot anyway. That call is going to be -EV for you, as you've only got the OESD.... so the correct move is to fold.

turn: you pick up a flush draw, so you've got 15 outs if an A won't help your hand, 18 outs, if you do. Instead of making the small blocking type bet on the flop.... I'm making it here instead.
        You don't want to check and let the opp bet enough to price you out (which I'd do to you if I were them in this situation whether I had a hand OR total air), so make a smaller blocking bet and see if they won't raise and will let you see the river at a price that fits for you. Yes, this may cost you a few chips, since you're folding to a raise... but at least it gives you a chance to possibly see the river at a price that fits for your hand.
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by joker41673 View Post
          All characters depicted herein are fictional; any resemblance to actual PSO members is strictly coincidental. evil:
          I didn't even notice this until I saw it..... that's hilarious
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

it disappears at the end but if you click 1 frame backwards after the re-player stops you will see his $666 bet on the turn. You've made some good points JW I really didn't want to count the A's as an out after the turn card because of their bet of 666 I felt confident that they had at least 2pair. I also know that I was being priced out of the pot but it could also be possible that this player can place larger bets on less than premium hands for that purpose. evil:

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
              I didn't even notice this until I saw it..... that's hilarious
              The drunk one likes to play 72o!!! evil:

Comment

and I see I got the best one of all.... EMPTY SEAT
                Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

fictional FICTIONAL just who the %#&) are you callin' FICTIONAL we now return you to yer scheduled hand analysis evil:ug:inidonk:mileypoker:moke:

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.