PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 Barrell Bluff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Barrell Bluff

Would you call this with A9os

After this hand I hand them confused and got my money back.

Comment

89s hand
      preflop, honestly, I'm limping here. You've got a hand with potential and position. You can also raise, as you did, but I think I'm limping here.

On the flop, the SB donk bets into, which immediately says that you're behind, as they either have a J and good kicker, or an A with a weak kicker. No way am I raising here, I'm mucking.

On the turn, since you raised on the flop and they called, I'm checking the turn for pot control.

River, you fire a 3rd barrel bluff. Whether or not I call this depends on what table image you have... if you're loose, I'm calling it with an A in a second... if you're tight, then I'm mucking. The table image you have will be everything here.

AK hand

Preflop, no problmes, it's the same thing I'd do.

On the flop and turn... since you're in a multi-way pot, you need to bet a bit more than 50% of the pot to deny odds to draw at the flush. Make a bet in the 66-75% pot range. By doing this, you'll make the 2nd caller -EV. You want to get one of them to drop if possible and make sure that the calls are -EV for BOTH players, not just the first one.

River, gotta shove, just as you did. If they have two pair, they should have raised you before this. If they have A4, then so be it.
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

There might be somebody else around here i am trying to confuse.

Comment

********Poker Stars Hold'em Stats
          Elephant - He is a very loose player. He's always willing to see a flop.

Hands Tracked:18,257
          Cash Game Profits:$-74
          First Seen: Dec 17th, 2010
          Favorite Cash Game:NL Hold'em $0.02 (Short)

No confusion here
          Last edited by royalraise85; Sat Dec 17, 2011, 02:10 AM. Reason: removed username

Comment

*********Poker Stars Hold'em Stats
            Green Fish - This player is loose and passive. This can be an unprofitable playing style.

Hands Tracked:717

Cash Game Profits:$7

First Seen:Nov 14th, 2011

Last Seenec 16th, 2011

Favorite Cash Game:NL Hold'em $0.02 (Full)

Here Fishhhhhy Fishhhhhy !!!!!

Last edited by royalraise85; Sat Dec 17, 2011, 02:10 AM. Reason: removed username

Comment

it's all good

I am hoping when I have 18k+ in hands played id be at least showing some sort of profit

Comment

how do you have 18000 hands on him.... seems like you are using an illegal data mining software perhaps?

Comment

it's just a site I googled one day, I enter player names into it and it poops out the info, nothing downloaded, so i figured it was harmless

Comment

Originally posted by dertymcgerty View Post
                    it's all good

I am hoping when I have 18k+ in hands played id be at least showing some sort of profit

Comment

Originally posted by chuckkky View Post

Not really sure what is so funny about this, whatever floats your boat, Chuck..

Comment

Don't believe what you read
                        Those stat sites don't track everything

From one site:
                        ******* Poker Stars Hold'em Stats Shark - He is a very solid player with a tight and aggressive playing style. He should be avoided at the tables as he is a tough opponent.

From another site:
                        *********** is a Bomb (Aggressive/Aggressive). ********** aggressive play makes the table fear him. Most top poker professionals are bombs.

And I think I'm a fish..............LOL

Who to believe??????????
                        Last edited by royalraise85; Sat Dec 17, 2011, 02:13 AM. Reason: removed usernames

Comment

both hands, it looks like ur opps are calling with just about anything despite what u do. u just bet half the pot every time except when u minraised on hand one and shoved the river on hand two. when somebody bets the exact same percentage of the pot every time, i tend to forget trying to put them on a certain range and i just call if i have top or 2nd pair, on average. the first hand, it's an incredibly easy call of ur opp on the end. in hand 2, i don't know what he's calling with, but i figure it doesn't matter since he seems to just be a calling station. i don't think u really caused any confusion. here's what i want to know: why did u 4x raise the 89s but only 3x raise the AKo? just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
                            Don't believe what you read
                            Those stat sites don't track everything

From one site:
                            ******** Poker Stars Hold'em Stats Shark - He is a very solid player with a tight and aggressive playing style. He should be avoided at the tables as he is a tough opponent.

From another site:
                            ************* is a Bomb (Aggressive/Aggressive). sandtrap777's aggressive play makes the table fear him. Most top poker professionals are bombs.

And I think I'm a fish..............LOL

Who to believe??????????
                            i think your assessment is bang on hahaha
                            Last edited by royalraise85; Sat Dec 17, 2011, 02:14 AM. Reason: usernames removed

Comment

Hey Ketchup,
                              I dont really know why I 4x the first and 3x the second,
                              normally when there is a limper i make it like 4x.
                              Maybe the second hand i just mis clicked.
                              I know I am not an elephant because I am a donkey.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.