PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best shot or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best shot or not?

6 Time Bracelet Winner

oops wrong one try this
    6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

KK really?
      and the 2nd one yet again we are blinded down to nothing and play it well........... I'm not sure what you were doing. FOLD PRE!

Gidee Up!

Comment

ty sir
        apparently i need to figure out a hand range that plays well with 2 + gaps and no paint.suggestions?
        6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

in the KK hand, open shoving on level 1 with no other bets is really risky. Opps will call bets light and you also want to be sure you have the best hand after all 7 cards. I'd have done a std early tourney raise, to 100-200 (which obviously the QQ will call or raise, but some others between you and the QQ may throw their chips in also). If the QQ raises, then I'd shove over them.
          Yes, you got unlucky here, but think there were ways to get the chips that you currently got into the pot, plus some extras.

In the second one, I don't like the min-raise at all. This is one that we really should be shoving or folding initially. By min-raising, you're only going to normally get shoved on or raised by a better hand. It's better to shove first and put the pressure on your opponent.
          Basically all of the chips went in preflop, while you did get lucky on the flop, they had the better hand when basically all the chips went in and in the end the best hand pre, held.
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Unless that guy's limping tight to trap, ATo is an easy shove here on 4 BBs.
            4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

lol at fold A10 pre with 4BB, just shove it pre

Comment

Agreed (for a regular-structure MTT, at least). Unfortunately with 4bb we can't really expect a fold, but I'd shove this with twice as many chips at most tables (in a regular-structure MTT).

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.