PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you react ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you react ?

Would you slow down second hand ? Change gears ? I think that I made the right decision, even he kicked me out umbup:
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    1st hand is standard limpfest, i didn't want to gamble, so I checked flop, and decided to make a move on turn, even the board was "wet".
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    Very next hand

Hand #1:

If you checked to pot control, then you should have stuck to that line tbh...

All your jam is likely to do is get called by better and fold out worse when that 9 comes. The slow play is fine, if a bit risky, after you flop the trips, but when the risk comes to fruition with a 3rd straight card, your jam is a bit risky.

I would not necessarily have a problem with a SMALLER raise for value, but a jam is a bit too risky and value owning. It really took a big mistake by the villain to pay you off...

The 2nd hand, 30BB is a marginal shove on AK here; it is not TERRIBLE, but your stack is just a little bit too large. If you had like 25BB, I'd like it a lot more. You could have either flatted to play fit or fold, OR jam over the raise on your newly built stack. Realistically, the result probably doesn't change much, as you did flop top top, but for the times you miss the flop and the villain has a mid pp, you really would rather be invested less after building your stack.

As played though, you got in as a big favorite, but he ran you down. That happens.
    Last edited by JDean; Wed Dec 14, 2011, 01:07 AM.
    Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks for the analysis umbup:

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.