PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$3.5R 180man sng

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • $3.5R 180man sng

    rebuy ended
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    can i make a weak call? or just let him walk?

  • #2
    You have an absolutely awful hand. Fold it immediately.

    Only defend the blinds if you have a playable hand (which this definitely is NOT).
    Defending blinds when you do not have a playable hand is just giving your chips away to the opponents... something you do not want to do in a tournament. It's a huge leak for players that will defend with nothing. In a tournament, you work hard to get the chips that you get, don't give them away.

    Any tournament regular will take advantage of this and bust you out of a tournament due to it.
    Super-Moderator



    6 Time Bracelet Winner


    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
      You have an absolutely awful hand. Fold it immediately.

      Only defend the blinds if you have a playable hand (which this definitely is NOT).
      Defending blinds when you do not have a playable hand is just giving your chips away to the opponents... something you do not want to do in a tournament. It's a huge leak for players that will defend with nothing. In a tournament, you work hard to get the chips that you get, don't give them away.

      Any tournament regular will take advantage of this and bust you out of a tournament due to it.
      And none of them will exploit the fact that you are not capable of defending blinds without premium hands...?

      Oh and i ignored OP completely as it is ridiculous and his answer is in any poker ABC article but he prefers to be a lazy pest.

      Comment


      • #4
        His shoving range can obviously be super wide, short stacked and only the BB to get through. But even then Q4 does not crush alot of hands.

        His stack size while small (8BB) would put a significant dent in your stack and chances in the tourney if you lose the hand.

        I think you can call pretty wide, but not that wide When you a risking a good portion of your chips I like to be a stronger favourite, Q4o is just not crushing anything.

        PokerStove says Q4o is 49.1% vs any random hand, which is your best case scenario really. If he was a few BB's shorter. Maybe only 1000 left behind then you're getting a better price to call light and it's less damage to your stack.


        Quad Bracelet Winner

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Puciek View Post
          And none of them will exploit the fact that you are not capable of defending blinds without premium hands...?
          Good question.

          The SB has made a good shove. There's nothing that you can do in this spot other than pour good money in after bad.

          We move onto the next hand and do the same thing as the SB when we are in his situation.


          Quad Bracelet Winner

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ahar010 View Post
            Good question.

            The SB has made a good shove. There's nothing that you can do in this spot other than pour good money in after bad.

            We move onto the next hand and do the same thing as the SB when we are in his situation.
            What the hell, should i expect my palms to get hairy very soon? You want to shove m=9 stack on full ring on SB in UO with **? This is not playing good poker

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Puciek View Post
              What the hell, should i expect my palms to get hairy very soon? You want to shove m=9 stack on full ring on SB in UO with **? This is not playing good poker
              Sorry, unclear i guess. I didn't say shove the next hand. I said make the same play when we are in the SB's situation.


              Quad Bracelet Winner

              Comment


              • #8
                results--ok i made the wrong call next time i'll fold reason for calling: this is turbo next minute i will be down to less than 10bb's anyway. everybody's range is super wide at this point. If i call and get lucky good if i call and lose still have a chance for push and fold. I really think first before I made the call. I seem to be lucky when I'm behind rather than when I'm ahead example is this: I'm behind
                Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
                Originally posted by Puciek View Post
                And none of them will exploit the fact that you are not capable of defending blinds without premium hands...? Oh and i ignored OP completely as it is ridiculous and his answer is in any poker ABC article but he prefers to be a lazy pest.
                Am I being a lazy pest here? I'm hurt being called a lazy pest by (Mr. Puciek Sir) but anyone is entitled to your own opinion. So I need to be open about this remarks..... result of the call
                Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
                but I want to improve my game, be a winner long time so I will follow all our good moderators here next time I'll not defend and just fold. results is not a factor. It's knowing what's the best thing to do in the same situation over and over again thank you to all moderators who analyze my hand and if I'm being a LAZY PEST just as Puciek called me. The moderator can tell me and I'll not be posting any hand anymore for analysis ***I made the money in this tournament

                Comment


                • #9
                  Looks like I pinched a nerve there.

                  And yes, you are lazy. It's easy to come and post almost unlimited amounts of hands a day, anyone can do it. It takes 0 effort to do so. What not lazy people do is that they analyze hand themself FIRST, post their thoughts and what they have found on google.
                  Long long time ago I wrote a guideline (which is now a sticky by joe afaik [http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...nalysis-How-To <- they cut me from credits, i feel cheated ;P]) for hand posting. Hands posted that almost always get my personal, constructive, attention [and you do want that] because this shows me that you did put work into it. And this makes me want to be constructive and help you.

                  But when people come here, didn't bother to even name their topic to represent anything related to the hand not to mention put any content it. I meh over it, eventually throw a cheap shot and that's about it.
                  Last edited by Puciek; Wed Dec 14, 2011, 12:59 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Puciek View Post
                    Looks like I pinched a nerve there.

                    And yes, you are lazy. It's easy to come and post almost unlimited amounts of hands a day, anyone can do it. It takes 0 effort to do so. What not lazy people do is that they analyze hand themself FIRST, post their thoughts and what they have found on google.
                    Long long time ago I wrote a guideline (which is now a sticky by joe afaik [http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...nalysis-How-To <- they cut me from credits, i feel cheated ;P]) for hand posting. Hands posted that almost always get my personal, constructive, attention [and you do want that] because this shows me that you did put work into it. And this makes me want to be constructive and help you.

                    But when people come here, didn't bother to even name their topic to represent anything related to the hand not to mention put any content it. I meh over it, eventually throw a cheap shot and that's about it.
                    Now, I understand your comments about me. I'm not hurt anymore in fact I'm

                    Yes, I want to know if my play is right or wrong because I want to improve my game. It's not like I did not study this hand before I posted it here. I just didn't put the info first because I want to know what the analyzer will do first then from there I will analyze again then try to share information not only that I can learn from this but also other members too.

                    Reading books will help your game but of course it's so different when your in that hand.

                    Books will easily say muck your Q4o no matter what the situation. But if you think of the blinds, the structure and you think you will get lucky sometimes you can do your own play rather than follow the starting chart hands.

                    Ok I'm done here, move on to the next hand

                    still got the $215Sunday Ten million to prepare for.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by marvinsytan View Post
                      Books will easily say muck your Q4o no matter what the situation.
                      There are situations where the cards you hold are immaterial. But these do not come up frequently. Playing the player or the situation occurs and learning to recognize when is a part of one's growth. A tendency I had when I first started to try to exploit some of these was to see them with what turned out to be wishful thinking. As you make a few mis-reads you will learn and hopefully find the niche these exploits belong to.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        More to consider than just EV

                        Originally posted by marvinsytan View Post

                        can i make a weak call?

                        or just let him walk?
                        Poker is a game of incomplete info. We gain info by many means – observation is just one way. Too many players misuse the info they have. One of the pieces of info that’s quite important, and mostly over looked by some players, is the information your opponent may be using against you. I’m guilty of not including my stats when I submit a hand. The problem is that HM1 doesn’t breakdown my session stats. But, I should at least let the forum know what kind of style I was playing, what hands went to SD, and if my opponents are thinking players, donks, or somewhere in between. There is zero external information in your post. Your follow-up analysis (with info we don't have), doesn't help us help you at this moment. All the info we have, is position, stack sizes, pot size, and that you're in a BvB AI situation, last to act.

                        What I do know is that there is 725 in dead money, you need to put in 1670 to call. You need to have 41-42% equity to make this a 0EV call. But, even if you have a 0EV call, should you make it? There are a lot of factors to consider, stack sizes; where’s the bubble; what you want from this tourney; dynamics of the table; are you the weakest or strongest player at this table, or in fact in this tourney; how long before the table breaks down; type of tourney; speed of tourney; your opponents image; your image; opponents range vs stack size; etc.. You should have the answers to these questions, before you are faced with tough decisions, it might make them easier. The chips you lose are always more valuable then the chips you win. It isn’t always as simple as EV. At the moment you have a 22BB stack, awkward at best, but, if you lose you will be in the ‘push/fold’ range. Knowing what I know, or better yet, not knowing what I know about your hand, I would fold.
                        .
                        "May the cards be with you!"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by king_spadez1 View Post
                          Poker is a game of incomplete info. We gain info by many means – observation is just one way. Too many players misuse the info they have. One of the pieces of info that’s quite important, and mostly over looked by some players, is the information your opponent may be using against you. I’m guilty of not including my stats when I submit a hand. The problem is that HM1 doesn’t breakdown my session stats. But, I should at least let the forum know what kind of style I was playing, what hands went to SD, and if my opponents are thinking players, donks, or somewhere in between. There is zero external information in your post. Your follow-up analysis (with info we don't have), doesn't help us help you at this moment. All the info we have, is position, stack sizes, pot size, and that you're in a BvB AI situation, last to act.

                          What I do know is that there is 725 in dead money, you need to put in 1670 to call. You need to have 41-42% equity to make this a 0EV call. But, even if you have a 0EV call, should you make it? There are a lot of factors to consider, stack sizes; where’s the bubble; what you want from this tourney; dynamics of the table; are you the weakest or strongest player at this table, or in fact in this tourney; how long before the table breaks down; type of tourney; speed of tourney; your opponents image; your image; opponents range vs stack size; etc.. You should have the answers to these questions, before you are faced with tough decisions, it might make them easier. The chips you lose are always more valuable then the chips you win. It isn’t always as simple as EV. At the moment you have a 22BB stack, awkward at best, but, if you lose you will be in the ‘push/fold’ range. Knowing what I know, or better yet, not knowing what I know about your hand, I would fold.
                          .

                          thank you so much for your analysis.

                          i don't use HUD do you think to improve my game I should be getting one?

                          to be honest I don't like to look at all those numbers, i feel like I'll be just using that information rather than look at what the action is.

                          I tried using HUD then I noticed that I don't pay attention to the tables because why do I need to do it. I already have all the information.

                          is HUD allowed in pokerstars? I got warned using this by pokerstars support one time that's why I don't use it anymore.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by marvinsytan View Post
                            Now, I understand your comments about me. I'm not hurt anymore in fact I'm

                            Yes, I want to know if my play is right or wrong because I want to improve my game. It's not like I did not study this hand before I posted it here. I just didn't put the info first because I want to know what the analyzer will do first then from there I will analyze again then try to share information not only that I can learn from this but also other members too.

                            Reading books will help your game but of course it's so different when your in that hand.

                            Books will easily say muck your Q4o no matter what the situation. But if you think of the blinds, the structure and you think you will get lucky sometimes you can do your own play rather than follow the starting chart hands.

                            Ok I'm done here, move on to the next hand

                            still got the $215Sunday Ten million to prepare for.
                            You worry about your learning as it is in r&d stage, then 'help' others learn.

                            Yes there are spots where calling with Q4o is right, heck there are spots when 5-betting with 27o is very right (and i played many of those) BUT those are advanced spots. You don't know the basics, you didn't even come close to mastering your ABC yet, and you try to make some fancy plays. Results of that is always the same, and it ain't pretty.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Your very much correct.

                              I'm so far to be advanced. I need to be basic.

                              Fold trash hands play premium hands don't be cocky. I need to just play ABC to be in the money first before allowing myself to win it all. No shortcut.

                              I'm so into winning it all that I tend to gamble so much even when I'm not in the money even when that winning those hands don't guarantee me to be in the Final Table.

                              Just like the other game I'm so close in the money like 4 players to go with 20+bb's and I'm sure if I just fold every hand I will make the money. But forgot the ABC of poker then try to be Pro and your right the results aint pretty.

                              this is the hand I'm talking about.

                              http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for....4-180-man-sng

                              The Lazy Pest will win it

                              ONE TIME BIG TIME

                              for all my teachers and you included. I will make you proud.

                              very very soon. I'm working hard and I know I'm improving everyday.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.