PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealing with midstacks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with midstacks

Hi guys, the point on this hand is that having in mind i was doubling in chips the agressor, would have been better a call?... all the last hands are from my last premier league qualifier tourney What do you think
    Last edited by D H Q; Mon Dec 12, 2011, 07:51 PM.

I liked your initial raise to 3BB, the button calling is basically irrelevant due to them not having any chips. The SB shoving here can be a big problem.

What reads did you have on the SB? Were they raising or shoving many hands? How often were they seeing flops? What kind of cards were they getting to showdown with (real hands, marginal hands, or air)?

My decision here is going to be totally based on reads. If they opp was playing most hands and had showed down marginal hands, then I'd call the shove. If the opp was playing tight, then you could easily be behind and at best case in a race. If the opp was playing extremely tight, you may only have the flush as outs or possibly just the A and the flush.

The other read to look at is YOUR play. Were you raising a bunch of pots (especially from late position to steal)? Were you playing tight or loose?

This decision is going to be based on all these questions, and without the answers to them, it's really hard to say what to do, because the answer could be EITHER to call OR to fold.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.