PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow playing AA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow playing AA

Hi Guys, I was wondering if I should have played his hand any differently? I allowed the villan to draw out on me. Is pushing on the flop a better option considering the dangerous board and his range? The small bet on the flop was an attempt to look weak and try and induce him to push over me with a T or J Thanks in advance

It'll depend on the opps and reads on them as to how I'll play AA. If there are a number of calling stations, then I would not want to be slowplaying.

Preflop, you min-raised, I'd have made a larger raise (to about 3X their bet).

On the flop, you need to make a value bet. With only the same amount of chips behind that are already in the pot, I'm shipping them here. With a small bet like 150, you give the opp odds to draw at you. If you would have raised more preflop, then it makes the flop shove a much easier decision.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ship it preflop

Ship the flop. You have a pot sized bet - the min bet is awful (sorry). Make people pay for draws. This board is perfect for that because it hits so much of villains range.

Slow playing your AA which is now only a one pair hand post flop is a recipe for disaster on such a wet board

Pt

Comment

Thanks guys. I figured the min bet on the flop was bad as soon as I did it

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.