PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wrong to call ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrong to call ?

Had no idea what this guy had as he was a bit loose.

with a limper, I'd have raised a bit more preflop (to 400).

The opp that bets the flop was the original limper (could have a set of 9's or 10's, could have clubs, could have QJ or KQ or AJ, etc. really a pretty wide range). You've got top pair and I would call there.. bonus chips in the pot when the other opp calls. A raise here wouldn't be a bad play either, as there are many draws out there that you could get value from.

Turn: the 3rd club falls. First opp checks again and the limper that bet the flop, makes a very small bet.... a bet so small, it's fishy. You've still got top pair and I'm calling it, if it's me.

River brings one of the cards you do not want to see, as it gives 4 to a flush AND 4 to a straight. With that, more than likely, your 2nd pair isn't any good, so you've got to muck to it.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks again like the feedback sounds like i am doing things right. umbup:

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.