PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KK Late Pos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KK Late Pos

Was I right to call this shove?

IMO without a second thought..... Over pr. And second nut draw. for me... easy peezy. even against sets and made flushes u have descent equity.. I would have raised more pre with the limpers in there though.. Pockets dont like multiway pots too much and play much much better hu. I would prolly make it 5 or 6x to go.just my .02
    May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

preflop, with 3 limpers, you need to be raising more. I'd have made it 120 instead of 60 (3BB + 1 BB for each limper).

On the flop, the only hands you're behind are AA (shouldn't limp preflop), Ax clubs or a set. There are so many hands that the opps have that do not fall into that range, especially early, that I'm calling that shove basically every time. You're ahead of any single pair of the board and ahead of 2 over cards.

If you'd have raised more preflop, then the pot would have been larger and made this a lot easier decision for you, to call.
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

ok thanks, I keep forgetting to raise extra for each limper before me.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.