PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wrong place, wrong time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrong place, wrong time

I won this hand btw. My question focuses on my opponent. Is it possible he could've gotten away from this hand, or did the hand basically played itself? I showed no strength up until the turn where i raised. I would say this player was 80% sure that he had the best hand (only beaten by a higher full house). Was it wise to play 9 K in late position this early in the tournament? talk about being at the wrong place at the wrong time! Thnx for the help guys :P umbup:

well, the opp did limp/call pre. If it were me, then I'm mucking it preflop. If I did limp, then I'd be ready to call a std raise.
    When the opp flopped trips, if I were them, I'd smooth call any bet.... not give anyone a reason to drop, to extract more value from them. So, totally understand the call. If the first opp did not bet, then I'd have made a value bet. There is only 1 hand that they're behind, so they ARE figuring they are ahead... I would if I were in their shoes too.
    On the turn, they're priced into the pot and have a full house. ZERO chance I'd give up their hand on the turn.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.