PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Push or wait.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Push or wait.

Ok so this was sooo bad that PT3 did not pick up the last hand for me.

but i will try and outline the set up.

45 man Dollar game. 13 players left I'm in 3rd place with 5900 chips (or soo.)

Villian sits in first with 17000 chips

Grade b holds QQ

Blinds are 75 and 150

I am in cut off.

8 players on table

Villain 3 off the BB.

He was raising a lot pre and forcing people out of hands (it seemed like ) he just won a pot shoving 88

Villain flats

Player on my right raises to 400

I raise to 1200

Villain raises to 6500 (effective all in to everyone on table)

i call

He shows AKo

Hits i'm out

in 13th

At the time a auto snapped called now i'm thinking the one guy i don't want to play for stacks with is the chip leader.

anyway thoughts ?

Grade b
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

If he was bullying a LOT, the QQ was the hand you were waiting for, the one to give you a likely chance at being around a 70% favorite over his range.

There is no way to avoid a big chp confrontation with someone who will bet like this person did with great frequency. With no hope of seeing a reasonable size pot pre flop, and absolutely no hope of exercising any sort of pot control after the flop, all you can do is pray for a hand that is strong enough to stack him. As your stack gets shorter in relation to the blind,s the quality of the hand needed to bang heads with him has to go down.

While your stack size is a bit large to want to play for stacks in that spot normally, versus a maniac read it is exactly what you want to be doing. There is no way really to avoid a large pot confrontation with him anyway, so at least you had a hand that was worthy of playing for stacks.

Unfortunately, it was just his time to wake up with the 1 hand that is a race hand to your big pp, and he won that race.

Bad luck, but it happens.

-JDean
    Last edited by JDean; Tue Dec 06, 2011, 03:41 AM.
    Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

If the opp was playing and raising many hands, just bullying the table, that's exactly the type I want to be up against, because I'm most likely ahead and the favorite to double up.

Unfortunatlely, you got unlucky.
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.