PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

well played till turn?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well played till turn?

hi, i think i played this o.k till the turn. did my turn bet commit me to the pot? should have checked the river
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Check on the flop is mighty fine, we got nuts on dry board. Ship turn. Just ship it.

Comment

In the first level of a tourney, I normally want to make a slightly higher open-raise for hands. People will still call with basically ATC.

On the flop, you got lucky that the opp bet, so that you could check-raise. I'd normally like to c-bet the flop first, especially since I opened preflop. It did workout for you, but I think in the long run, you're better off c-betting instead of going for a check-raise.

On the turn. You've got only a little more chips than a pot-sized bet. The opp could easily have Ax, 22, two broadway cards, in this situation, so instead of going for a value bet that basically commits you to the pot, I'd rather shove here instead. There is only 1 hand you're behind, QJ, and even if they have QJ, you have outs on the river.
      Your bet makes them need about 33% equity to call and draw at you and they probably think they have 9 outs, but if they hit, they think they can stack you... so even though it's a light call, it could be worse. Due to this, you have to bet more on the turn, as you do not want to price in a draw.

With the way you played it, the opp should ship the river, which makes for a sticky situation for you either way.

I think c-bet the flop and definitely shove the turn would be a better idea for this hand..... or shoving the flop isn't a bad play either.
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

thanks chaps, i see your point on the c-betting JWK24.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.