PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How was this played by me ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How was this played by me ?

Just before final table this guy was hard to get chips off.

I like itumbup: The only thing I'd have done differently was to be a little more on the flop, about 1k.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

You played a VERY standard value bet line with your AA, exactly as you should be doing far more often than not.

When he ships over you on the turn, obviously at that point you are not going to fold; the pot is just too big and the call is just too small.

It would have taken specific info on the villain to really vary your play in this hand.

The results bear out the fact you probably did not have any real reason to vary your play at all, as the villain was willing to get all his chips in on a weak top pair hand, and when you called you were a big favorite. He just got lucky in spiking the 2 outer to beat you.

It happens.

Well played.
      Last edited by JDean; Fri Dec 02, 2011, 02:02 AM.
      Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Good to hear. Just making sure i am not playing wrong in these spots, cause i have been loosing a few today.umbup:

Comment

I'm pretty sure that if you immediately went all in on the flop he still would've call. Top pair top kicker right?

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.