PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shove or Fold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shove or Fold

Hi just wondering if I had the right odds for this play? Can you ever fold a Royal Flush Draw ? Does it really matter here if they were tight, loose or a fish? (As usual I was on a couple of tables). It was a PSO game, not that It was really going to change my score for the end of the month. I was more curios for future games wether it was the right play, Or should I of shoved first? Thanks for your time.umbup:umbup:

personally with a draw and 2 people all-in i would of folded this, and with the shove monkeys in the OL you never know what they have

Comment

Calling pre is fine, 150 to gazzilion and other gazzilion if we hit.
      We hit a monster flop and we want value. I bet it and am ready to call/shove. There is NOT WAY i am folding here. So i would bet a pot here, and shove when someone comes over the top. I really don't like checking, it may get checked around and we want to get in now when we are ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Puciek View Post
        Calling pre is fine, 150 to gazzilion and other gazzilion if we hit.
        We hit a monster flop and we want value. I bet it and am ready to call/shove. There is NOT WAY i am folding here. So i would bet a pot here, and shove when someone comes over the top. I really don't like checking, it may get checked around and we want to get in now when we are ahead.
        Hit a monster flop? you mean a monster draw, he was never ahead...

Comment

Originally posted by XxTiberxX View Post
          Hit a monster flop? you mean a monster draw, he was never ahead...
          So with a draw you can't be ahead? Good to learn that

Comment

Just for fun download PokerStove and check out the equity of a "double draw".

Comment

Originally posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
              And they call me sarcastic

Comment

Originally posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
                lol ya ..just for fun..
                May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

an open ended straight draw is just as good as an AK, its not a made hand yet. Sure the villains didnt had a made hand eitherbut you shouldnt ASSUME that they dont have a made hand with 2 pushes.

Comment

you only have 8 outs and you can only really count the 9c as with that board the other 3 9s would only give you the idiot end of the str8. with one all in and a call i would fold.

Comment

You guys are really starting to give me a headache. And what is worse that someone may come and actually take your "advice" seriously so i will make this all-clear.

We got 15 outs just for fluh and straight. We are blocking anyone from having a stronger draw (AcKc/9cTc is not possible) so the worst we are looking to be against is 9T w/o a redraw (against which we got gazilion outs) and a set (against which we got another gazilion outs).
                      Even in this situation (about the worst one for us), we look just ama-****ing-zing:
                      Hand Equity Wins Ties
                      KcTc 38.87% 342 18
                      JsJd 34.55% 312 0
                      9cTh 26.58% 231 18

So yea, go and fold... Care to come and play high stakes HU?
                      Last edited by Puciek; Wed Nov 30, 2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

i am not giving advice...i am giving my opinion. you may have a "gazilion" outs but you have to discount a lot of them on that board with a shove and call. counting all the outs and not discounting any is a sure fire way of losing, in MY OPINION. i am not giving advice this is just my thoughts on that particular situation and what i would do.

Comment

Originally posted by bikerzaine View Post
                          i am not giving advice...i am giving my opinion. you may have a "gazilion" outs but you have to discount a lot of them on that board with a shove and call. counting all the outs and not discounting any is a sure fire way of losing, in MY OPINION. i am not giving advice this is just my thoughts on that particular situation and what i would do.
                          Right, what outs do we discount and why, do explain.
                          Show me the math w/o discounting
                          Show me the hands that we discount
                          Show me the math after discounting

Go for it, show me. So far you are just blowing out of your arse so about time you bring something valid and sound to the table.

Comment

with an all-in and a call you can bet on it that 1 of the guys have the Ace end of the flush draw. You do not only have to count your outs, but take into consideration that 1 of the villains is holding your outs with an all-in

Originally posted by Puciek View Post
                            Right, what outs do we discount and why, do explain.
                            Show me the math w/o discounting
                            Show me the hands that we discount
                            Show me the math after discounting

Go for it, show me. So far you are just blowing out of your arse so about time you bring something valid and sound to the table.
                            You cannot discount outs that could POSSIBLE be discounted, but you should take it into consideration. your taking Pure math, your not taking reason into your calculation
                            Last edited by XxTiberxX; Wed Nov 30, 2011, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by XxTiberxX View Post
                              with an all-in and a call you can bet on it that 1 of the guys have the Ace end of the flush draw. You do not only have to count your outs, but take into consideration that 1 of the villains is holding your outs with an all-in
                              Right becuase we do so bad against naked a-high flushdraw. We do so bad against it i am about to gavomit.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.