PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just let it go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just let it go?

I raised pre purely as a bluff. When i saw the flop my mouse was over the fold button but when he min bet.... I had watched he make lay downs he was very loose very passive but more fiy or fold than calling station. Grade b
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

your read better be 100% on if you're going to do that. If the opp hits any part of the board, you're in deep trouble.

He played it like a small pair... but you never know if that's the case or not, could also have 2 broadway non-suited with no A too... if so, you're in deep trouble.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

How is raising 88 pre a bluff???? It's ABC poker. Check/folding the flop probably isn't a good idea either. Against most players you should bet here. Chances are they missed, but there are a lot of bad turn cards. By checking you do show weakness so if he's the kind of player who's likely to bet if you check I like a check there. Min bet looks like a misclick or just something weak. I like your raise here a lot. Now you turned your hand into a bluff and most likely bluffed away a worse hand, but pretty much every hand in his range besides his underpairs has decent equity against you, and you will get him to fold his 9x and even Jx sometimes.
      4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by oriholic View Post
        How is raising 88 pre a bluff???? It's ABC poker. Check/folding the flop probably isn't a good idea either. Against most players you should bet here. Chances are they missed, but there are a lot of bad turn cards. By checking you do show weakness so if he's the kind of player who's likely to bet if you check I like a check there. Min bet looks like a misclick or just something weak. I like your raise here a lot. Now you turned your hand into a bluff and most likely bluffed away a worse hand, but pretty much every hand in his range besides his underpairs has decent equity against you, and you will get him to fold his 9x and even Jx sometimes.
        Intresting Point, With 88 out of position I didnt think i would get the odds to set mine, and if the flop came two overs i would have to throw it away having sloughed off chips in the SB (again).

Also i only have 13 BB's so a raise (other than bluff ) probly should have been a shove.

Grade b
        I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

88 in SB is way out of position and I would of just called it. The fact that he also folded to your flop bet is because you raised pre-flop

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.