PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isolate or let them come?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isolate or let them come?

This is a 1.50 STT Its only hand 16 but Carry was agressive and Semi loose Snupiz tight and passive Cristiankan Nitty tight and agressive Grade B nitty and agressive But christiankan just blew nearly half his stack with (one piar maby 2 pair) giving up when 4th flush card came on river (no show down ) so could have been on tilt. I reraised to Isolate, I thought both blinds capible of folding with 2 tightest players in the pot. but with QQ should I have flatted and let them in? Grade b (note thats the american nitty to mean tight - not the europian nit to mean not got a clue)
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

I like the isolation raise. The only way the blinds come along is with a real hand and if you do end up 3 or 4 handed, then you want them to all have Ax.... compromising their outs.

Letting people come into the hand with QQ, espciallly if they're loose and will play any A or even K... would let someone else into the pot that can outdraw you with 1 card. That's what you don't want.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Shoving and calling of the villain are pretty much going to get the same reaction at this point from the player behind you. They think they got the nuts and are throwing it in.
      Your not folding once you have called the shortstack it would just be a real hard time coming back in these with that little of chips.

These STTs I play very tight,almost folding everything the first 30 hands.
      It cuts down on the bad beats that you can catch real easy in these.

Comment

Your not really protecting when calling the shortstack is going to leave you crippled.

Comment

Originally posted by Deleted user View Post
          Shoving and calling of the villain are pretty much going to get the same reaction at this point from the player behind you. They think they got the nuts and are throwing it in.
          Your not folding once you have called the shortstack it would just be a real hard time coming back in these with that little of chips.

These STTs I play very tight,almost folding everything the first 30 hands.
          It cuts down on the bad beats that you can catch real easy in these.
          I tend to play tight in these too, maybe not folding everything but tight.

However this is where us beginners with less knowledge that you guys can get tripped up and confused.

Is not folding everything not playing the odds? or more specfic ignoeing the +ev hands?

Grade b

(ps add my weekly sorry for the spelling here.)
          I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

what no ace on the riv...how disappointing!!!umbup: like the raise b ...but any a or k is danger ...and when the blocker shows ..double so.....still all in all i like the play .... good result cheers....never let em draw 4 freeumbup:umbup:umbup:

Comment

Looks good to me. Rejamming looks weaker than just calling, so you can get hands like AQ, JJ, etc. to come along. Calling looks like AA/KK.
              4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.