PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad Luck or Bad Play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Luck or Bad Play

This was the third hand in the Open Freeroll. Now normally I play very tight early due as I wish to earn positive points for the standings, did I play this wrong? S.Vanzella

Always wrong to play JK early in the Open Freerolls. Folding preflop is the best option. Calling with JK into a hand with 6 or 7 opponents is going to get you into trouble in any NLHE game. OK you hit a big trips hand and then you are ahead most of the time, so are unfortunate to lose this particular hand, but if you are looking for league points you should not be risking chips on a hand like JK at this stage of the tourney. It is all about patience and discipline until 75% of the field are busted.

Good luck

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

But at least it gave you a chance to report alex for chip dumping

Comment

For more responses, you should be sure to place your threads in the correct forum V.
        This one is for asking pros questions...though I don't see too many answer.
        You want to put these in the hand analysis forum.

And I agree, dump the JK off early.

Comment

the hand pretty much played itself. In my opinion you couldn't have done anything to avoid the outcome. You got unlucky your opponent floped a fullhouse. happened to me too!
          I thought they were both drawing for a flush, but one had 33 and the other one had A8offsuit LOOOOOL!

Comment

bad luck or bad play

i think kj is not a good hand to play early if raised preflop but with no raises i think it was bad luck not bad play

Comment

When facing a raise and a caller u have to assume here that your set is beat, you only had a medium kicker, what if the op had AK? If you had folded pref you would not be in this situation.

BTW this needs moving

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.